About this event
Come join PCA's Rally Sport & Maumee Valley Regions and their team of nationally recognized instructors for a challenging and enjoyable 2- & 3-day driver’s education event at Nelson Ledges Road Course!
Nelson Ledges is just northwest of Warren, Ohio.
This is going to be a popular event, so be sure to register early!
Early Bird discounts shown below end Tuesday August 17th; all registration fees will increase after August 17th by +$25 for single days & +$50 for multi-days
Sat/Sun: $345 on or before August 17th
Non PCA Member:
Sat/Sun: $395 on or before August 17th
Friday is for Instructors and APPROVED ADVANCED DRIVERS:
PCA member: Fri/Sat/Sun $520 on or before Aug. 17th
Non-PCA member: Fri/Sat/Sun $570 on or before Aug. 17th
PCA member: $375 Friday only
Non-PCA member: $425 Friday only
PCA member: $215 Saturday or Sunday single day
Non-PCA member: $245 Saturday or Sunday single day
Camping in the track paddock: Free!!
Please contact the Track Chairperson, Christian Maloof at 734-646-2746 or firstname.lastname@example.org before signing up for Friday if you are not an Instructor. If you are approved as an advanced student by the Track Chairperson, you will be added to the Friday list and an email notification will be sent to you.
All drivers will be placed in run groups based on experience. If you are a beginner you will be on the track with other beginners and an instructor will be with you in the car. More experienced drivers will be placed accordingly. So come on out to the track August 27-29th whether it is your first driving event or one of many.
NEWS UPDATE!!! With COVID still lurking we may be following some form of PCA's Lead-Follow protocol. If regulations loosen plus both the student and instructor feel safe together some instructors have indicated they'll be willing to do in-car instruction. Stay tuned for more info as we develop the program.
Saturday dinner: We are having a dinner at the track. It will be catered in! It may be under a tent or it may be al fresco -- open air, BYOC under the stars. Stay tuned as we'll let all y'all know as plans come together. Dinner reservations are a line item in the registration process.
LODGING: We have a block of rooms reserved at the Fairfield Inn in Warren, OH. Please mention Toledo Porsche Club to receive the rate of $92/night plus applicable taxes. The number of rooms is limited (Thurs-20; Fri/Sat-35) and will only be held available until Friday August 6th so book early. Registration direct phone: 330-544-5774; registration link:
Camping is allowed in the track's paddock area Thursday-Saturday nights for FREE!
Tech Inspection forms -- both Rally Sport's & Maumee Valley's -- are posted below and on the the club website. Either are acceptable.
SA2010 helmets are OK for this event!
If you have questions concerning this event, please contact our event chair/chief instructor, Christian Maloof, at 734-646-2746 or email@example.com or the registrar, Charlie Brown III, at 734-358-2393 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-registration is mandatory.
- Helmet recommended to be Snell SA2015 or SA2020, but, due to late delivery of new helmets SA2010 helmets will be permitted for this event.
Motorcycle helmets are no longer allowed.
- Minimum 3 point seat belts. Driver’s and passenger’s must be equivalent.
- IMPORTANT RULE FOR 2020 and beyond: Driver and passenger must wear a HANS device (or equivalent) in any vehicle equipped with 5 or 6 point harnesses.
- Driver(s) must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- Long sleeve cotton shirt, cotton pants, and leather or canvas shoes must have rubber soles.
- Tech inspection form must be completed prior to arrival at the track.
- Have you updated your driver experience/logbook info recently?
- Open cars must have a roll bar and pass the "broomstick test."
- NOTE: if you damage any track facilities -- e.g., Armco or concrete barriers, buildings, fencing, corner stations, picnic tables -- you are financially responsible for repairs or replacements per track policies.
Nelson Ledges Friday is Instructor and Advanced driver/solo Day
Participating Advanced Solo Students
Three solo run groups for experienced solo advanced students who attend at least 75% of RSP PCA track events during the calendar year (or at least 3 out of the last 5 weekend Drivers Education events) will be available.
Students who participate in the FIDD will have separate rules from the instructors similar to Driver’s Education days and will not be allowed to drive in all run groups.
All students wishing to participate in the FIDD are subject to review and participation is not guaranteed. Even when a student is accepted, their on-track behavior will be monitored. If students do not demonstrate appropriate track etiquette they will be asked to park their car for the remainder of the day and their money will not be refunded.
Proper Etiquette is defined as (but not limited to):
- Demonstrating excellent car control, (offs that require the track to shut down will not be tolerated)
- Knowledge of the limit of traction
- Condition-appropriate driving
- Respect for other cars, both while passing and being passed (ignoring mirrors will not be tolerated)
- Respect for flag stations and lead tower
Loaner/Rental Helmet Policy: Helmets are "loaned" to Green Group drivers only for a maximum of 4 events, cumulatively. Loaner helmets MUST be returned at the end of the event. Don't make me hunt you down!! After the 4th loan the club reserves the right to "rent" the helmet to the driver for $35/event. Loaners will be tracked effective this year, and will carryover to future years. All loaner helmets are SA2015 or SA2020 and all have HANS anchors.
NEW FOR 2021: PLEASE use the link below for electronic event waiver signatures.
RSP/MVR PCA NL SpeedWaiver
This link covers both PCA Waivers:
* PCA Release and Waiver of Liability and
* PCA Communicable Disease Waiver
This is our new process to eliminate stacks of paper & handling/long-term storage of waivers.
Breaking news: Minor Waivers are now an option click within the SpeedWaiver above!