About this event
Come out with Rizzo Motorsports for a private track day at the Vancouver Island Motorsports Circuit in Cowichan Valley, BC.
VIMC is a fun 19-turn, 2.3km track featuring elevation changes and a club house you will have access to during your off-heats.
Lunch will be not be provided at this event and attendees are encouraged to either bring their own lunch or make plans to eat lunch off-site (Duncan is less than 10 minutes drive away).
More information on the track can be found here.
This event is for experienced drivers only!
If you are looking to get in to track driving, we encourage you to attend a novice class at a local track event close to you or one of the classes at VIMC!
The entry fee for this event will be $400 (tax included in price).
Join our Facebook Group to receive a discount of $50 on this event making the price $350!
If you would like to pay via etransfer please contact us after signing up to arrange payment.
There are 2 run groups: Relaxed/Low Intermediate and Advanced/High Intermediate. Our 3rd run group is dedicated to the M2 Club and sold out.
The event will run from approximately 8:30am until 6pm with a scheduled lunch break and a mandatory morning driver's meeting, this means you can take the early morning ferry in and an evening ferry home to make it a single day trip!
This event is hosted in partnership with TSSxRevscene Track Days!
Requirements to attend at VIMC:
- All attendees must sign the waiver to be on site.
- Any attendee under the age of 19 must attend with a parent/guardian who also must sign the waiver form.
- All participants must posses a valid driver's license.
- A SNELL SA2010, M2010 or newer helmet is required for anyone driving or riding passenger on track. DOT helmets are not accepted. Loaner helmets will not be available.
- An SA helmet and a 1-piece fire suit is required if your car has a full roll cage.
- Prior track experience is required to drive at this event. Your registration will be put on hold after completing it and an organizer will verify your experience before confirming your entry and charging you.
- All registrations must be paid electronically in advance of the event. If you have a circumstance preventing you from paying over MSR, please contact us for alternative methods.
- If you have never driven at this facility before please start in the "Relaxed/Low Intermediate" group. We will run a pace car and sighting laps for both of these groups at the beginning of the day so drivers can get acclimated to the track.
- If you have driven at the track before you are eligible to sign up for the "Advanced/ High Intermediate" group if you have the proper amount of prior track experience.
- All entrants will be required to fill out a self-tech form prior to the event to confirm their vehicle is safe to drive on track. If your vehicle is deemed unsafe to run, you will be unable to participate and no refund will be provided. If you are unsure on how to do a safety inspection on your vehicle please take it in to a local shop for an inspection.
- Vehicles that are prone to roll-over (trucks, SUVs, etc.) are not permitted.
- Convertibles are allowed, providing they have factory or aftermarket roll protection. You may be asked to submit pictures to confirm. We strongly recommend aftermarket roll protection for all convertible vehicles.
- Open wheel cars and sports racers are not permitted for safety reasons.
- If you are not sure whether your vehicle qualifies, please contact us. If your vehicle is found to be ineligible on the morning of the event, there will be no refunds.
- In most cases, your car insurance is not valid while on track. If you are concerned by this, you are able to purchase on-track insurance from a private provider.
- VIMC has a sound limit of 101db measured across the starting line. Please ensure your car does not exceed this, otherwise your vehicle will be ineligible to continue for the day.
No refunds will be given if you do not satisfy any one of these requirements and register anyway.
We will run regardless of the weather forecast, so come prepared for the conditions!
Lastly, we are conducting this event so you can either time it to take the first ferry in and the late ferry out to make it a one-day trip, or you can stay at a local hotel.