About this event
Last year I was diagnosed with a rare Stage IV Kidney Cancer, on New Year's Eve 2020, at the age of 29 & it was the worst day of my life...
But instead of letting the day get me down this year, I've decided to CELEBRATE my 1 year cancer anniversary by giving back to Driven to Cure who has given so much to me this year, and by snagging a bit of seat time in the Mach-E while I'm at it :). I hope you'll join me!
On New Years Day, join us for a 52-mile drive for research. I'll be driving a route in Austin but I encourage everyone to join in virtually if you don't live in the area by registering & planning a route in your city. Participation is easy, all you need to do is:
- Register online ($35 registration fee will be donated to Driven to Cure)
- Plan your route
- Set your New Year's Resolutions along the way
- Stop & take pictures along your route to document & record your resolutions to win points
- Share your route & resolutions in the event hashtag #NewYearsDrive (Optional)
I'll be picking my favorite resolutions, photos & awarding points from Instagram using the event hashtag, #NewYearsDrive for shout-outs & awards!
A full list of points will be announced a few days before the event. But here are a few of the early categories:
The Austin route has been switched to a virtual route as well due to rising covid cases. I was greatly forward to meeting everyone on our Austin route, but unfortunately - I have scans a few days after our drive. So due to the rise covid cases, we're switching the Austin route to a plan your our route as well since I have to be extra cautious not to get sick that week so my scans don't get pushed.
I will be starting a route at Cabelas in Buda at 3:00pm & anyone is welcome to carivan w/us along the route. We just won't be making a pitspot at Salt Lick for food & won't be able to socialize along the way as we had hoped (but you're more than welcome to!).
Here is the Austin route we will be taking:
Route Planning Tips
If you aren't in the Austin area - join us virtually for a New Years Drive. Here are a few tips for planning your route:
- Map a 52-mile route (a mile for each week of the year) & plan one or two stops along the way
- Stops can be anywhere - your favorite location, a trip down memory lane, coffee shop, lunch, grandma's house, the race track... literally anywhere you'd like to stop & snag a photo to document your resolution
- Plan a route w/friends or family
- Most importantly, have fun!
New Year's Eve last year was the worst day of my life, join me this year for our New Year's Drive & let's make this New Year's the best one yet!