About this event
2020 AHRMA Race Tech Post Vintage Motocross National Series
Diamond Don's 18th Annual AHRMA Vintage International; Jefferson, TX
PLEASE Read below notice:
1. This is a no-refund / no-credit event.
2. Due to promoter request this event WILL NOT offer one free race for +70 Members.
September 10-13, 2020
Contact: Melissa Moit, Manager, or Francene DePrez Rainey, Race Director
Phone: Office 866-398-2038 x705 or Cell - Melissa: 903-742-2041; Francene: 903-445-9796 Fax No. 903-665-8249
Address for track and overnight shipping: Diamond Don RV Park, 1602 State Hwy 49 East; Jefferson, TX 75657. GPS does not always pick up the correct address, although phone maps and Google Maps seem ok. We may also be listed as Cypress Bayou RV Park. We are one mile from downtown Jefferson. See maps on our website. If you have an overnight delivery, call or text Melissa or email us so that we can arrange to have someone sign for the delivery.
Directions: From Hwy 59, take State Hwy 49 East (also known as Broadway) toward Downtown Jefferson. Move to left lane. At stop sign, turn left onto State Hwy 49 East toward Smithland. Track one mile on right. Signs will be posted.
Please note - these directions take you under a railroad trestle that is 13’7” high. If your rig is taller than this, you will have to take an alternate route to the track. Do not turn on State Hwy 49 East (also known as Broadway). Coming south on Hwy 59 before you come into Jefferson, turn left on Whelan (at the Jefferson ISD sign). Coming north on Hwy 59, turn right on Whelan. Turn right on Cass; cross over the railroad track and turn left on Hwy 49 (St. John Street). Racetrack will be less than a mile on the right. There is a map on the website.
Camping allowed: Yes Do you offer concessions at your event: Yes
Gate Fees: $15 per day, per person, for each day of your stay - Children under 16, free. Primitive camping included in gate fee. Two showers with toilets, dump station and water are offered at the track. There are also five flush toilets at the pavilion, plus porta-potties and portable hand-washing stations throughout the park. Plenty of camping sites available first come, first served. RV sites with water and electric are offered to our sponsors and repeat customers from prior year at rate of $50 per night, minimum $200. If you would like an RV site, please text Melissa (903-742-2041) and we will add you to standby list in the order in which your request was received. RV pump-out services for accessible RV’s, $25. There will be a $25 charge for each off-road 4-wheel vehicle. This includes golf carts, 4-wheelers, side-by-sides, etc. Each off-road vehicle MUST register at front gate and pay the applicable fee. This does not include motorcycles.
RV Park always open for camping. Come early or stay late and vacation in Jefferson. Applicable gate fees and RV site rental applies.
For class/tech information, go to www.AHRMA.org. Post-entry is available onsite.
Wednesday, September 9: Gates open at 8:00 am, locked at midnight
Thursday, September 10: Gates open at 8:00 am, locked at midnight
Charity Golf Skills Shootout - overlooking the Big Cypress Bayou – with Legends of Motocross.
John Gott – Golf Chairman. Sponsored by 2 Brothers Racing. Registration 10:00 am; Tee-off 11:00 am; beverages provided (beer and water). Bucket of Balls $20. Net proceeds benefit Jefferson Railway & Wetlands Foundation and support youth activities in Jefferson. Trophy presentation in pavilion after event concludes.
Cross Country Sign-up, approx. 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Media Press Party – Invitation only – 4:00-6:00 pm, in the Pavilion, for local media, legends, sponsors, volunteers, golfers, and invited guests.
Friday, September 11: Gates open 6:00 am; Gates locked at midnight
AHRMA Trials: Sign-up at 8:00 am; start time 9:00 am (over at noon-this is a timed event)
Diamond-Huffman Trials Modern Support Class sponsored by Jay Huffman, Huffman Restorations, running concurrently during AHRMA Trials – this is a post entry race only. You cannot pre-register through AHRMA.
Cross Country: Sign-up 9-11:00 am; Rider meeting at noon. Sighting lap, all riders, at 12:30 pm.
Vintage Race at 1:00 pm; Post Vintage race at 3:00 pm
Join us in the Pavilion for great spectator viewing. Rhumbar sponsored by Ricky Linn, Badco Racing Team and Texas 49 Crossing Liquor Store
Saturday VMX Sign-up approx. 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
Evening approx. 6:00 – Meet & Greet Fiesta, food and beverages. Sponsored by Joe Alsop, Alsop Plumbing, and 2Brothers Racing. (Private party for racers and family only)
Saturday, September 12: Gates open 6:00 am; Gates locked at midnight
Vintage: Sign-up at 7 am; mandatory rider’s meeting, 8:30; practice at 9:00; racing at 10:00
10:00 Invocation led by Steve Wise; National Anthem sung by Chicago Jerry;
“Battle on the Bayou” 100cc sponsored by BA Motorsports and Northwest Maico CZ.
“Texas Thumper Throwdown” XR200 Challenge sponsored by BA Motorsports
(These are not AHRMA races) These are post entry races only. Registration Fee $25 for each day. Moto 1 during intermission on Saturday; Moto 2 during intermission on Sunday. Trophy Presentation 30 minutes after Sunday’s final PVMX results are posted. You must participate in Saturday and Sunday motos for trophy. 100% of proceeds will benefit Jefferson Railway and Wetlands Foundation to support Jefferson youth activities.
PVMX Sign-up after VMX finishes, approx. 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Raffle Drawing for Door Prizes at Trophy Presentation – 30 minutes after final VMX results are posted.
After Saturday trophy presentation, AHRMA Southeast Region 2019 Awards Ceremony in Pavilion
Sunday, September 13: Gates open at 6:00 am
7:30 Church Service: Steve Wise, Steve Wise Ministry
Post Vintage: Sign-up at 7:00 am; mandatory rider’s meeting, 8:30; practice at 9:00; racing at 10:00
10:00 Invocation led by Steve Wise; National Anthem sung by Chicago Jerry
Battle on the Bayou” 100cc sponsored by BA Motorsports and Northwest Maico CZ.
“Texas Thumper Throwdown” XR200 Challenge sponsored by BA Motorsports
(These are not AHRMA races) These are post entry races only. Registration Fee $25 for Sunday only. Moto 1 during intermission on Saturday; Moto 2 during intermission on Sunday. Trophy Presentation 30 minutes after Sunday’s final PVMX results are posted. You must participate in Saturday and Sunday motos for trophy. 100% of proceeds will benefit Jefferson Railway and Wetlands Foundation to support Jefferson youth activities.
Raffle drawing for a post-vintage bike donated by Jere and Tracey Kellough and great prizes from our vendors and sponsors at Trophy Presentation – 30 minutes after final PVMX results are posted.
Wine-down Party after trophy presentation
Food, WINE, fantastic fireworks show and five authentic cannons firing dramatic dragon’s breath – stay the night and relax before the trek home. Sponsored by Jay Patrick, The Sound Man; Buddy Lavin, mYcorecontrol; and Auntie Skinner’s. Landry & Company will be playing as back-up band for anyone who wants to come to the stage – open mike. (Private party for racers and family only)
Other activities and information
- 70+ RACERS – NEW UPDATED INFORMATION: The promoter, Diamond Don Motorsports (DDMX), has the choice of whether to honor AHRMA’s 70+ ride free policy or to charge for the race entries. DDMX has made the decision to charge for all 70+ racers to help offset race expenses already paid for April race set up and promotion. This is a promoter decision made solely by DDMX and is NOT an AHRMA decision.
- VIP PASSES – NEW UPDATED INFORMATION: Due to extra expenses already incurred for the April 2020 race which will now be repeated for the new date, we will not honor VIP Passes for Gate Fees and/or RV Sites. We will honor previous commitments to sponsors that barter products and/or services.
- RACERS UNDER 18 – NEW UPDATED INFORMATION: Pursuant to AHRMA Rider Eligibility, no rider under the age of majority may compete without the notarized written consent of parents or guardians. 16 years old is minimum age for motocross and cross country. If under 21, proof of age is required along with the notarized consent form, parent’s signature on waiver and proof of medical insurance.
- AHRMA Rules and regulations – NEW UPDATED INFORMATION: All AHRMA rules, regulations and guidelines apply. See AHRMA Handbook 2020 Rules & Requirements for more information, or visit www.AHRMA.org
- Trophies: We payout 1/3 of finishers for each race. (If three finishers, 1 trophy. If six finishers, 2 trophies, etc.). Our trophy distribution is more generous than in our AHRMA contract which only requires us to award 1/3 of pre-entry. Trophy metal designed by Chad Novey and sponsored by JN Fence and James Novey from Dallas. Trophy skin designed by Jeff Clark, Badbrush.
- Event T-Shirts: Brad Lackey designed the TShirts and provides them for sale on-site. These always sell out quickly so get to the T-shirt stand early to get yours.
- Raffle: There is a raffle for post-vintage bike donated by Jere and Tracey Kellough and great prizes from our sponsors. Drawing will be September 13, 2020 during Sunday’s Trophy Presentation. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased during the event. 50% of proceeds will underwrite entertainment expenses; 50% of proceeds benefit Jefferson Railway and Wetlands Foundation, a 501(c) 3 charity, to support youth activities in Jefferson.
- Charity Golf Skills Shootout, Thursday, September 10. Proceeds benefit Jefferson Railway and Wetlands Foundation. There will be a short chipping shot, a mid-iron and a long drive, from the banks of the Big Cypress River, across from the orange house near RV Site #5 and 6. Trophies will be given for each category and then one overall champion trophy. Clubs will be provided – or bring your own. Sponsored by 2Brothers Racing.
- Diamond-Huffman Trials Modern Support Class sponsored by Jay Huffman, Huffman Restorations, running concurrently during Friday AHRMA Trials. This is a post entry race only. You cannot pre-register through AHRMA.
- “Battle on the Bayou” 100cc and “Texas Thumper Throwdown XR 200” - These are post entry races only. You cannot pre-register through AHRMA. One moto on Saturday and one on Sunday. Must race both motos to receive a trophy. Trophy presentation at end of day on Sunday. Sponsored by BA Motorsports and Northwest Maico CZ.
- Next Gen & Modern Classes We will NOT be running AHRMA Next Gen or Modern motocross at this event.
OYO Hotel (formerly Inn of Jefferson) 628-239-4299; Executive Inn 903-665-3700. For B&B’s, contact Jefferson Tourism Department, 903-665-3733, www.VisitJeffersonTexas.com; or Marion County Chamber of Commerce, www.marioncountycoc.org. 903-665-2672.
General info and Rules of the Road. Violation of any rules may cause you to be ejected from the track.
- Restricted area: The entire RV Park is a restricted area and subject to rules and regulations as posted. Waivers and minor release forms will be required before entry allowed.
- Spectators or vehicles are not allowed within 30 feet of the racing action. Please observe all posted signs. Enter at your own risk.
- NEW UPDATED INFORMATION: We are not responsible for injury or property damage. WE DO NOT CARRY ANY INSURANCE FOR THE BENEFIT OF RACERS OR SPECTATORS. Racers MUST provide proof of medical insurance when they sign up for their races,
- Dogs and children must be controlled at all times. Parents and dog owners are personally liable for injury or property damage. We don’t allow barking dogs on the property. If your dog is a barker, please leave at home.
- Diamond Dons Motorsports reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. No rain checks. No refunds.
- Golf Cart rentals – reservations are required by August 28, 2020. ADVANCE REGISTRATION ONLY. If you have already reserved a golf cart, we will carry over your reservation to the new date. If you are not able to attend, please cancel your golf cart reservation. Pre-register to guarantee your cart, $325 for the weekend. Contact Melissa for reservations. If you rent a golf cart, you are responsible for injury, property damage and/or damage to golf cart. We will require your credit card number when you check out golf cart, as a security deposit against damages.
- Ice for Sale at the track – provided by Ice Express
- Groceries and Liquor: Brookshire’s Grocery is a full-serve store located in Jefferson, on Broadway. Texas Route 49 liquor store is a short ½ mile from the track. Non-ethanol gasoline is available at CEFCO on Hwy 59, Jefferson
- Walmart Supercenters: Coming south, there is one in Atlanta, TX about 30 miles from the track. Coming north, the Walmart is in Marshall, about 12 miles from the track.
- MX Photography will be on-site with same day photos; Kenny Lau with Awesome Shots will be onsite, too.
- NOTE: If you damage any water or electric unit, you will immediately be charged a $250 damage fee. WATCH WHERE YOU PARK, ESPECIALLY WHEN BACKING UP!
- NOTE: Due to the large attendance at this event, off-road vehicles can create a safety hazard to our patrons and our property, if not properly monitored. We do allow pit riding at the race as long as the vehicles are driven by responsible adults, they stay on designated roads, and drive at a slow speed. UNSAFE BEHAVIOR will not be tolerated. No off-road vehicles will be allowed on the race track or on trails around the property. All off-road vehicles with more than two wheels must be registered at front gate and there is a $25 fee for each vehicle. This ruling does not apply to motorcycles. The fee goes toward the cost of repairing our roads after the event.
- NOTE: Insurance coverage does not allow unlicensed drivers on off-road vehicles of any kind. If your child does not have a valid driver’s license, do not bring their vehicles to this event as they will not be allowed to drive any form of off-road vehicle on the property.
- There is a private road from the RV Park to the Historic Jefferson Train depot in downtown Jefferson. Street legal motorcycles and golf carts are allowed on the streets in Jefferson. Ask at the registration office for directions.
- Lot of Vendors and Press Coverage onsite. Concessions available.
- Natural terrain grass track – the course is 40-50 ft wide in many spots to allow passing, Big Air jump, wide-open start; berms, grass track; great spectator viewing
- Historic Jefferson has lots of B&B’s, antiques, specialty shops, restaurants, museums, boat rides, canoes for rent and many other attractions. There is lots of history here so bring the family – everyone will love it and Jefferson is just one mile from the track.
- NOISE CURFEW: 11:00 pm (Music, Loud Talking, Engines, etc.)
MUST PROVIDE Personal Medical Insurance Company & Policy Number. *AHRMA requires that every participant carry personal health insurance; it is wise to consult your individual carrier for coverage details. Jones Birdsong Insurance offers AHRMA members an affordable Rider Accident Medical Plan, which, under competition situations, may offer better coverage than a person’s general health insurance. To purchase an annual plan, call 866.998.3864
Refer to the current AHRMA Handbook, available online at www.ahrma.org, for questions regarding classes and eligibility. See Section 18 for Rules & Eligibility committee personnel and other Official