Pitt Race Full Track PDE Group 2 Solo and Group 3
Registration closed June 20, 2017 2:59 PM on June 20, 2017 2:59 PM EDT Registration ends June 20, 2017 2:59 PM on June 20, 2017 2:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 17, 2017 12:00 PM on January 17, 2017 12:00 PM EST Registration runs from January 17, 2017 12:00 PM to June 20, 2017 2:59 PM
This event is tentatively scheduled and is subject to change or cancelation until otherwise indicated.
This is the registration link for approved Pitt Race for Group 2 Solo and Group 3 on the Full Track.
Group 1 and Group 2 students please see the separate registration link for the North Track only event.
PDE (Performance Driver Education) Learn the art of track driving in a controlled environment on the full 2.8 mile Pitt Race course. The goal is for you to continue to develop your skills behind the wheel as you experience a broad range of your car’s performance at a pace that is faster than Group 1 and Group 2. If you want to be a better driver with driving techniques based on racing, Pitt Race PDE is your source. No classroom or instruction is provided for Group 2 Solo and Group 3. Participants are divided into the following Groups:
Group 2 Solo (Intermediate): Group 2 Solo is for drivers who have demonstrated an understanding of high-performance rules, safety, etiquette, and track regulations. Drivers in this group have been signed off as a safe solo driver by two Pitt Race Instructors. Cost: $225 per driver
Group 3 (Advanced): Pitt Race PDE drivers who are signed off by our chief driving instructor and/or are accredited race organization or school (SCCA, NASA, etc.) have the opportunity for solo runs and to utilize our Test & Tune event days. Cost: $225 per driver
Group 2 Solo & Group 3’s will consist of several run groups splitting up the different classes of cars from street cars, race prepared (closed wheel) & race prepared (open wheel). There will be 25 minute sessions, back to back, until 5:30 p.m. The length of and number of sessions may vary by event depending on registration.
PDE Group 2 Solo and Group 3 Daily Protocols:
- Registration begins at 12 noon, followed by a mandatory driver’s meeting at 1 p.m. If you arrive after the drivers meeting you must see the lead instructor before you will be given access to the track.
- First track session within half hour of driver’s meeting.
- Participants may enter the property at 7:00 a.m. but will not be permitted on track until driver’s meeting has concluded for Group 2 Solo and Group 3.
- No race engines may be started before 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m.
- PDE Group 2 Solo and Group 3 on-track sessions generally begin at 1:30 p.m. and run until 5:30 p.m., but any given PDE day is subject to adjustments and modifications.
- Cars are divided into three categories at Pitt Race Officials discretion.
- You will be required to sign the Pitt Race waiver upon arrival at the track gate. Driver check-in is typically at the Pitt Stop Pro Shop.