About this event
Over-the-Hoan Tour to Car Show Fundraiser
Sunday, September 27, 2020
Our Porsche Club - Milwaukee Region friends have invited the Audi Club to join them in their fundraiser to benefit the Hunger Task Force (HTF). Due to the coronavirus, HTF isn’t accepting food donations but instead is asking for monetary support so it can keep Milwaukee area food pantries filled. The goal for this event on Sept. 27 is twofold. 1) raise money to put food on the table for families. 2) enjoy a drive over Milwaukee’s iconic Hoan Bridge with a car show at the conclusion of the tour in the spacious parking lot of the Bavarian Bierhaus in Glendale. To raise funds for the HTF, we ask for a minimum donation of $100. In addition to members' donations, PCA National will donate $750.
Only Drivers must register, and after you register complete the Speed waiver: https://audiclubwi.speedwaiver.com/eseoo by 8:00 p.m. September 26th. All drivers and passengers must complete the Speed Waiver prior to the event. When completed, the SpeedWaiver confirmation will be sent to your email. You will be asked to show the waiver on your smartphone when you arrive at the start of the event.
Each Club will have drawings for several prizes. All who register will be eligible (except board members). To be eligible for the Door Prizes, participants must be present at the Bierhaus Car Show drawing to win.
The Audi Club Door Prizes will include:
- One $50 MasterCard Gift Card
- A One year Audi Club membership ($49)
- Four $25 Shell gasoline Gift Cards
Here is the tentative schedule!
9:00 a.m. Meet at the Milwaukee County Public Boat Launch - just south of the South Shore Yacht Club.
9:30 a.m. Groups leave for the Bavarian Bierhaus and take the scenic Lake Drive to the Hoan Bridge. Your Event Master Mark, will send you driving directions by September 26th. Please print a copy and bring it with you!
10:15 - 10:30 Arrive at the Bierhaus parking lot. Park and 'Social Distance' your car and yourself!!
10:30 - 12:30 Car Show!
BYOE (Bring Your Own Everything) Bring a picnic lunch, a chair, whatever. If your picnic basket is MIA, food will be available in the restaurant at 11:30.
Your personal health and safety as a participant in this event are the utmost importance to us. If you are feeling sick, or have a respiratory illness do not come to the event! We will comply with all necessary local and state restrictions and US Federal, Health Canada, and CDC COVID-19 guidelines that apply to ensure the complete safety of our participants and staff.
Social distancing will be encouraged. We expect everyone to wear a mask outside their car when close to others. It would be wise to bring your own hand sanitizer and any other protective gear.
Here is a summary of the joint guidelines from the Porsche Club and Audi Club
1. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
2. No late, or on-site, registrations will be accepted.
3. Audi Club attendees must complete the waiver via SpeedWaiver on MotorsportReg.com (“MSR”) and confirmation of signing must be displayed on each participant's smart phone at check in. Paper waivers will not be accepted.
4. Driving directions in the form of a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet will be submitted to all registered participants electronically a minimum of 5 days in advance of the tour date. Participants shall print said directions and bring them for use on the event.
5. The tour leader will wear a face mask during the review of waivers on participants’ smart phones. The participants must also wear face masks during the check-in process,
6. During the Drivers’/Navigators’ meeting, the tour, the car show, and other times together, a minimum of six-foot social distancing and the wearing of face masks is recommended.
7. No touching of any car (other than your own) will be allowed.
8. Eating, drinking, and restroom use shall be at participant's own risk.
9. Due to COVID-19 and waiver issues, minors (under age 18) are discouraged from participating in this event.