About this event
The Sandlapper Chapter BMW CCA would like you to join us for our drivers education school of 2020 at Carolina Motorsports Park. This school will take place October 30 through November 1, 2020. You do not have to have a BMW.
The TRACK HAS NEW PAVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!
All student groups are now on a wait list. If you register you will be placed on the list. If we have a cancellation, we will move people off the list. Please check back regularly to see if your status has change to "confirmed", that will mean you have a spot.
We will be hosting special events celebrating Halloween for both kids and adults. Racers, Instructors and Students can all participate. Right now we have on tap; Trick or Treat for kids, Decorating contest for your trailers/ paddock spaces, a costume contest for kids, and we may add to the fun as ideas arise. Make this a family weekend at the track! Of course, we will hold the events keeping Covid-19 precautions in mind.
***** Instructors and Students -Please make sure your Motorsportsreg Bio is up to date. Include detail so we can properly verify your experience. Your registration status will be " NEW" until we verify CCA membership and your credentials.
2019 Student Registration Fees:
Sandlapper BMW CCA members $325
BMW CCA members $325
Nonmembers $375 (includes a one year membership with BMW CCA)
Included in the registration fee is a cook out Saturday night, you can add a guest for just $15. Kids under 12 eat for free. Spend some time meeting your Instructors, do some bench racing, just have fun. Iced tea will be provided, otherwise, BYOB.
An advanced development day is also scheduled for Friday, October 30, 2020. It is available for all instructors who are working the weekend with us and a limited number of very experienced students. There is an additional fee for students to attend, Instructors get Friday FREE!!. Friday students will be by invite only, we will be sending email invitations after registration opens.
The BMWCCA does not allow convertibles in HPDE events, unless they have a full race legal cage or a roll bar that meets certain standards.
Novice Students- Chuck Hawks and Chris Thompson have been working real hard on developing a comprehensive program that uses lead follow on track. This will not be your typical lead follow, but will be a program providing much more than other groups will.
NaroEscape Motorsports will be at the track beginning Friday morning. If you need a helmet, gloves, shoes, brake pads or anything else track car related, contact them and place a will call order. They will also have helmets and accessories you can try on and buy at the track. You can click the link to their website, or call Bob ahead of time for will call orders.
MotorsportsMedia will be shooting photos all weekend, you can contact them before the event, or at the track, and they will put together a professional photo package of you and your car. They do excellent work!
As several people have asked, no, convertibles are not permitted at BMW CCA HPDE events, unless they have a full roll cage and pass the necessary inspection. This includes BMW hard top convertibles. We hear that this is being discussed at the National level.
Due to BMW CCA national requirements we have had to make some changes to pricing. Each nonmember registration will include one year of membership with the BMW CCA. The Sandlapper Chapter BMW CCA will handle all necessary filings once your registration is complete. Please be patient as the necessary information will not be submitted until registration for this event has closed.
There are 3 hotels in Camden, you might try them to find the lowest rate. There are also some really nice B & B's locally. There is a Super 8 in Lancaster that is the same distance from the track, and much cheaper.
This event is sponsored by;
- All students must be 18 or older.
- If you ar registering as a non member, or do not have your member number, enter any number if you find required field.
- All participants must have a Snell 2010 or newer helmet. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed per Carolina Motorsports Park.
The club may have a few rental helmets available, but it will be on a first come basis and there will be a charge.
- All cars participating in the weekend event must have a passenger seat and appropriate restraints
- All student cars must have equal restraints for driver and instructor.
- Confirmed participants will receive a confirmation package via email, at least two weeks prior to the event, containing the medical, technical inspection, and other materials you will require prior to the school. These documents must be presented at check in.
- Your technical inspection form must be completed by a qualified shop, we will not do tech inspections at the track, your instructor will do a loose object inspection after the morning meet and greet.
Instructors- You MUST have and use a working communicator! If you need one, contact us, and we can try to help you out.
- Camping is allowed at the track, and they have 20 (free) and 30 (for a fee) amp service. There are ample rest rooms and showers on site.
- Please note- Any track damages billed to Sandlapper BMWCCA caused by you, will be your responsibility.