About this event
Saturday Autocross - Pre registration only (No walk-in's).
This is the regions team challenge!
Registration closes Thursday at 7 PM (two days prior to event).
If new to autocross, please watch this video: Autocross basics
The team event is a fun event. All drivers are welcome & awards are being given in the spirit of fun. You do not need to be on a team to register. This is a no pressure event and we welcome novices to try out autocrossing. When you arrive at the event (between 7 & 8 AM), there will be team sign up sheets at the SCCA truck. If you have a team (or even partial team), list it on the team sheets. If you aren't on a team, there will be a sheet for folks who need to be added to a team.
About Teams: There are 4 drivers per team. The team goal is to have 4 drivers in 4 different classes where each driver wins the class. Class placement by each driver is used to calculate the teams score. If there are less than 3 cars in a class, the class will bump. Bump order is not in the SCCA rule book but this link has the order that has been used in the past: Bump order link
You can change classes up to Sunday morning to make classes of 3 cars. After that we will "bump" small classes.
Rules:Team Challenge Rules
Cost to register:
- SCCA member: $50
- Non SCCA member: $65 (Fee incudes a temporary SCCA weekend membership)
- Motorsportsreg.com fee: $2.00 (expected to be added by motorsportsreg.com late March or Early April)
Payment: Required when registering
Refund policy 2023: Refunds will be given if cancelation received by 9 PM the evening before the event.
Location: Moore Airfield, Ayer Ma. (The entrance is at 90 Fitchburg Rd. Ayer, Ma)
Planned Schedule: (Please do not sign up if you can not stay the full day)
- Gates Open: 7:00 AM
- Driver Check-in: 7:00 - 8:00 AM
- Tech Inspection: 7:15 - 8:00 AM
- Course Walks: 7:45 - 8:30 AM
- Drivers Meeting: 8:45 AM
- First Car Off: 9:15 AM
- Trophy presentation: 5:00 - 5:30 PM
Waivers: Digital Waivers for SCCA members: You can set up an annual digital waiver for driver check-in rather than signing the waiver form - Digital Anual Waiver instructions
Car Classing and Rules:
SCCA rules See Appendix A in the '2022 Solo Rules' to determine car classing
Vehicle Eligibility: No Jeeps, pickups, trucks, SUV's or Shifter karts.
Region Rule Information (Note: The Sound Limit at Devens is 90db measured at 75 feet.)
NER Reserved class number list
- Please do not use a members 'class number' shown in this class list.
- Members: if you add a class number to this list and someone registers using your class #, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have it reassigned.
License: A driver's license or learners permit valid in the U.S. is required. (Permit requirements must be followed)
Helmets: 2022 Helmet Certification Be prepared to show the sticker at tech inspection. It is located behind the protective padding inside the helmet.
Loaner helmets are available if you do not have a helmet meeting the 2023 SCCA requirements. (Note that Snell 2005 is no longer usable and ECE helmets expired at the end of 2022)
Tech Inspection: Your car must be in good condition and it must pass an on-site technical inspection to participate. Vehicle tech-Inspection requirements
Novice drivers: No passengers other than registered co-drivers or SCCA instructors.
Visitors: Family, friends, or guests are welcome at no cost, and may sign the waiver and enter the site any time during the day.
Minors: Drivers & guests under age 18 must have waivers filled out and witnessed to enter the site. Minor Waiver information & forms Send questions on waivers to: NERSolowaiver@gmail.com
Covid 19: SCCA NER adheres to Massachusetts and Deven's Covid requirements (subject to change)
- Masks are optional
- Bring a mask in case your work assignment requires wearing a mask. (Example: Working inside the timing truck)
- Practice social distancing - 6 feet minimum
- If you are showing any symptoms of Covid before the event, please cancel. You will be given a credit to attend another event.
- Shared equipment will be sanitized between heats
- Port-a-potties will be sanitized periodically during the event
- We suggest bringing a pen to sign the waiver, or completing an annual waiver - Digital Anual Waiver instructions