About this event
NEPA SCCA 2018 Solo Event #6
This event will count as Points Event #6 for the Jack Williams NEPA SCCA Solo Point Series.
NEPA Member Registration opens 6/19/18, all other registrations accepted 6/25/18
- 2:00pm - Gate Opens
- 2:00pm - 3:45pm - Registration Check-In/Tech/Course Open for Walking
- 3:45pm - Driver's Meeting
- 3:45pm - Worker Check in/1st heat drivers to grid
- 4:00pm - 8pm - Competition Runs
Award Presentations at the timing trailer immediately following competition runs. Track closes at 9pm so please assist with cleanup so that we could get the trophies done.
- SCCA Annual Member Standard Entry Fee: $40
- SCCA Annual Member Junior Kart Entry Fee: $30
- Non-SCCA Annual Member: Standard or Junior Kart Entry Fee + $15
- There will be no walk-up registration for this event. This registration form is the only way to gain access to this event.
- As stated in our refund policy, there will be no refunds of any kind for this event.
- Registration will be capped at 100 Entries
NEPA SCCA runs all SCCA Solo National classes in both Open and Ladies classes. We also provide a Novice class for first timers or those with very little experience in auto-x. Junior carts are permitted at NEPA events (except at the LCCC venue/events) . JC carts (or really slow or unprepared JA/JB carts) may be required to run a "shortened course" at larger venues (like Pocono) due to the length of the track.
Competitors are responsible for determining the correct class their vehicle is eligible to compete in. Class and competition rules can be found in the current SCCA Solo Rule book found here
Pocono Specific Rules/Supplementals to Remember:
- There are no special fees for guests coming into the track. You will be required to sign Pocono’s waiver sheet on your way in as well as NEPA’s waiver sheet for ALL attendees/guests, NEPA wristbands will be provided and must be worn for signed attendees/guests.
- Children are allowed anywhere on the site except during active competition, children should not be in the course area or in grid without specific permission from the event chair.
- Unlike some of our local events, car numbers and classes will be mandatory on both sides of the vehicles and are required to pass tech inspection.
- Due to the high overhead to get this facility, refunds cannot be given for this event regardless of your attendance. Don’t even ask.
- There will be no TNT at this event.
- The curfew for this event is 9pm. You must be outside of the track gate by this time.
- Although Pocono does have security at the track, NEPASCCA and Pocono are not responsible for any damage or lost valuables. The track is big and they can't watch everything, all of the time. We've never heard of a problem at this facility but obviously we need to make this statement.
- Parking or idling is not permitted on any of the access roads surrounding the infield road course. The roads must be left COMPLETELY open at all times for emergency vehicles. If you are parking in any of the grass areas off the access roads, please leave at least 10 feet of space between your vehicle and the road.
- There will be designated gravel parking areas for spectators and non-race vehicles.
- All race vehicles will be parked in the paved NASCAR garage area.
- We are not selling garage spaces for this event since it's only a 1/2 day. The spaces are available though if you need someplace under roof to work on your car.
Important NEPASCCA Rules/Supplementals to Remember:
- Each competitor will be given at least 3 runs for their entry fee.
- The course will be open for about an hour or 2 prior to the event start time. Plan accordingly as to not hold up the driver’s meeting and the start of the event. The course will be fast but easy to follow.
- Shifter carts are permitted at Pocono but the driver must be 18 years old.
- Junior carts will be running. All cars must be stopped and turned off in our grid/course area while the junior carts are running.
- We will not be breaking for lunch or in between heats for worker changeovers. Worker changes will be done “hot”. Your work and run heats will be separated by at least 1 heat to give you time to deal with your car and be on time for your work assignment. Make sure you check in with the Chief of Workers before heading to your work assignment.
- Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to drive, passenger, work, or spectate needs to have a Minor Waiver filled out before or at the event. Parent or guardian signatures are required. You can get a Minor Waiver sheet at a NEPA Solo Event or download a copy from the downloads section of nepascca.org
- All vehicles must pass tech inspection to compete. Tech for TNT and the weekend will be held at the end of the NASCAR garage area. If you have your numbers, class, and required stickers on your car and pass tech for the TNT, you do not need to tech again for the Regional.
- Passengers are allowed at NEPASCCA Solo events. Passenger must be at least 16yo and can prove so with an ID. Passengers are discouraged from using these ride-alongs to help them learn the course (unless the passenger is a novice). Event chairs have the right to prevent passengers or DNF a driver if "unfair advantage" is determined. 16 and 17 year old passengers MUST have a minor waiver filled out and signed by a guardian before heading on course.
- Drones are not permitted at any NEPASCCA venues. Operation of a drove violates our agreement with all venue owners at this and is non-negotiable regardless of SCCA rules. Please leave them at home.
- NEPASCCA normally does not use a sound meter to check exhausts. Safety stewards and Event Chairs will decide if your car is too loud to run. A "one-time" refund will be available if you cannot make the necessary adjustments to quiet your car.
- Any driver whose car leaves the lot/course area during a competition run due to driving recklessly or outside of their limits will be asked to leave the event without refund.
- NEPASCCA has a few loaner helmets if you do not have one. Due to the high turnout, there may not be a helmet available for you; definitely not one for a passenger and you. We suggest that you do purchase your own.
- You will have a work assignment for at least one heat. Be early for your work assignment. Late arrivals and no-shows can be disqualified from the event.
- Jack Williams Tire and BFG stickers will be required on both sides of the vehicle as per our sponsor agreement for your car to be permitted on course. Solo Performance Specialties (SPS) will also be requiring a sticker and providing contingency money for our top 10 PAX finishers. Both sticker types will be available at registration check-in.
- Year-end trophies, jackets, and awards are only provided to “Annual SCCA Members”. Event trophies are provided to all outstanding competitors once the cones and equipment are cleaned up. Single day entries are not eligible for Regional trophies.
Plan for a long day at the track and varying weather conditions (snacks, sunscreen, water, etc....). Bring your own tents and umbrellas if you need to stay out of the sun or rain. The timing trailer and event staff equipment tent is OFF LIMITS to non-event staff.