About this event
NEPA SCCA 2021 Solo Event #7
- 2:00pm - Gate Opens
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm - Registration Check-In/Tech
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm - Course Open for Walking
- SCCA Solo Tech Sheet Fill this out prior to event to save time and minimize contact during tech inspection.
- 3:45pm - Driver's Meeting
- 3:45pm - Worker Check in/1st heat drivers to grid
- 4:00pm - 8pm - Competition Runs
Award Presentations at the timing trailer immediately following competition runs. Track closes at 9pm so please assist with cleanup so that we could get the trophies done.
- SCCA Annual Member Standard Entry Fee: $50
- Non-SCCA Annual Member: Standard Fee + $15
- There will be no walk-up registration for this event. This registration form is the only way to gain access to this event.
- Registration will be capped at 75 Entries
- As stated in our refund policy, there will be no refunds of any kind for this event. Please refrain from personally emailing event staff regarding refunds if you can't make it. Being that we are all friends, we already feel bad enough that you possibly can't join us for the event. Don't make one of us be the bad guy and sadly remind you that this is a no refund event. The policy is the same for everyone and ensures that we can continue to have big expensive events like this in the future.
NEPA SCCA runs all SCCA Solo National classes in both Open and Ladies classes. We also provide a Novice class for first timers or those with very little experience in auto-x. Junior carts are not permitted at NEPA events until further notice.
Competitors are responsible for determining the correct class their vehicle is eligible to compete in. Class and competition rules can be found in the current SCCA Solo Rule book found here
Pocono Specific Rules/Supplementals to Remember
- There are no special fees for guests coming into the track. You will be required to sign Pocono's waiver sheet on your way in as well as NEPA's waiver sheet for registered racers and passengers, NEPA wristbands will be provided and must be worn for signed registrants and passengers.
- Children are allowed anywhere on the site except during active competition, children should not be in the course area or in grid without specific permission from the event chair.
- Unlike some of our local events, car numbers and classes will be mandatory on both sides of the vehicles and are required to pass tech inspection.
- Parking or idling is not permitted on any of the access roads surrounding the infield road course. The roads must be left COMPLETELY open at all times for emergency vehicles. If you are parking in any of the grass areas off the access roads, please leave at least 10 feet of space between your vehicle and the road.
- There will be designated gravel parking areas for spectators and non-race vehicles.
Important NEPASCCA Rules/Supplementals to Remember
- As of the 2020 Solo season, all drivers, passengers, and participants in designated hot zones (grid, course, photographers, etc) will be required to be an SCCA member (annual, weekend, or trial). Annual memberships can be purchased online here. Weekend memberships, required for drivers without an SCCA Annual membership, can be purchased online during registration or onsite during walk-up registration. Trial memberships are free, and can be acquired onsite from an event official.
- Shifter carts are permitted at Pocono but the driver must be 18 years old.
- All vehicles must pass tech inspection to compete.
- Passengers are allowed at NEPASCCA Solo events. Passenger must be at least 16yo and can prove so with an ID. Passengers are discouraged from using these ride-alongs to help them learn the course (unless the passenger is a novice). Event chairs have the right to prevent passengers or DNF a driver if "unfair advantage" is determined. 16 and 17 year old passengers MUST have a minor waiver filled out and signed by a guardian before heading on course.
- Drones are not permitted at any NEPASCCA venues. Operation of a drove violates our agreement with all venue owners at this and is non-negotiable regardless of SCCA rules. Please leave them at home.
- NEPASCCA will monitor sound levels to ensure appropriate levels of noise are maintained during events. Cars exceeding a decibel rating of higher than 93db will receive a warning. Noise levels equal to or exceeding 96db will be required to modify exhaust systems to ensure compliance or cease competition runs. A "one-time" refund will be available if you can not make the necessary adjustments to quiet your car.
- Any driver whose car leaves the lot/course area during a competition run due to driving recklessly or outside of their limits will be asked to leave the event without refund.
- NEPASCCA has a few loaner helmets if you do not have one. Due to the high turnout, there may not be a helmet available for you; definitely not one for a passenger and you. We suggest that you do purchase your own..
- Year-end trophies, jackets, and awards are only provided to "Annual SCCA Members". Event trophies are provided to all outstanding competitors once the cones and equipment are cleaned up. Single day entries are not eligible for Regional trophies.
Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to drive, passenger, work, or spectate needs to have a Minor Waiver filled out before or at the event. Parent or guardian signatures are required. The official SCCA Minor Waiver can be downloaded/printed from here.
Plan accordingly for varying weather conditions (snacks, sunscreen, water, etc....). Bring your own tents and umbrellas if you need to stay out of the sun or rain. The timing trailer and event staff equipment tent is OFF LIMITS to non-event staff.