NCM - High Performance Drivers Introduction
NCM Motorsports Park
Registration closed September 30, 2016 11:59 AM on September 30, 2016 11:59 AM EDT Registration ends September 30, 2016 11:59 AM on September 30, 2016 11:59 AM EDT Registration opens August 16, 2016 12:00 AM on August 16, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from August 16, 2016 12:00 AM to September 30, 2016 11:59 AM
High Performance Drivers Introduction – HPDI
The High Performance Drivers Introduction is a “101” on track program introducing new drivers to the hobby of recreational performance driving. Here's what its about:
• Introducing new drivers to the recreational performance driving.
• Creating a lower cost, lower time commitment program to make it easier for drivers to give the sport a try.
• Breaking down the barriers of entry to the sport by keeping groups small, concentrated, and social.
• Creating more prepared drivers – demonstrating what to expect from a performance driving event, as well as demonstrating what is needed and expected from a driver and their vehicle.
• Makes for a great car club or group activity!
So how does it work?
The premise of the program will be small, concentrated groups cycling between a Lead/Follow on-track program paired with classroom sessions on what to expect from performance driving events, as well as teaching basic technique and terms needed for success in performance driving.
Things covered in the On-Track curriculum:
• Basic car control
• Breaking down the corner - Turn In, Apex, Track Out
• Passing procedures and point-bys
• Corner Stations, Brake Markers, Pit In/Out signs
• Having fun on track!
Things covered in the Classroom curriculum:
• Learning terms and procedures
• Vehicle tech requirements – What is needed from a vehicle?
• Personal protective equipment requirements – What equipment is required?
• Flags – Why are they there? What do they mean?
• Communicating with your instructor on and off the track
• Basic performance driving techniques
• How to get the most out of performance driving
• This is a bring your own car event
• Convertibles are welcome
• Passengers will not be allowed in Student vehicles
• Helmet rental will be available – however, please bring a helmet if you own one.
• 32 Student spots available
• Any mechanically sound vehicle is invited to participate, sports cars, coupes, sedans, trucks, mini-vans all welcome!
• Contact Matt@motorsportspark.org with any HPDI questions!
Instructors will need their own vehicles for the program
Check in for the event will begin at 8AM - Drivers Meeting at 8:30am