About this event
This is a half day MORNING event.
HPDE1 (Beginner) - Classroom + In-Car Instruction and/or Lead-Follow Instruction
HPDE2 (Novice) - Similar/same to HPDE1 but no instructor required
HPDE3 (Intermediate) - Passing limited
HPDE4 (Advanced) - Open passing with courtesy
Time Attack (Saturday only) @ $25 - This will provide competitors (in HPDE3 or above) with a transponder rental and a near open track for 2 hot laps. Only the fastest lap counts. NOTE: Must be combined with HPDE3, HPDE4, TT or Race Group.
Time Attack (Saturday only) @ $20 - Same as above but this is for entrants who do not need a transponder to run in the TA. (For HPDE3 drivers and above)
Time Trial - Drivers compete for fastest lap time. Split "Big Bore" and "Small Bore" groups with at least 30 pre-registrations (4 days prior to event) . NOTE: This group requires a NASA Time Trial or Competition license to compete in.
Transponder Rental - Only available for Time Trial and HPDE4.
VENDOR - No cost to register, we simply have this option so we can preplan out the paddock and take care of any needed logistics ahead of time. We can also help communicate your services at the event in our email blasts to our members if you take the time to pre-register. Thx!
Registration Closes Thursday 6/2/22 @ 8pm.
Any registration after 6/2/22 will be charged a $50 late fee.
Wild Horse Pass - West Track (CW)
20,000 S. Maricopa Road
Chandler, AZ 85226
Enter at "Gate 3"
• NASA Time Trial (regular points event)
• UMS Tuning Time Attack Series (regular points event)
Paddock / Gate Times
• Friday: We are currently not offering early setup on Friday.
• Saturday: Gates will open at 4AM and we need to lock the paddock gate by no later than noon.
• All participants should be aware of the NASA Club Codes & Regulations found here (http://nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf)
• All participants should also be aware of the NASA Arizona region specific Supplemental Rules found here (https://nasaaz.com/nasa-arizona-supplemental-rules/)
“What time do I need to show up?”
This is the #1 question we are asked, especially by the folks new to NASA. See the event schedule (below or attached) for exact times but we recommend ~45-60 mins prior to the drivers meeting to allow enough time to find a spot, check in with Driver Info (if you’re HPDE1) and get your car through tech and any other last min items before the drivers meeting.
All HPDE cars require an onsite tech inspection prior to being allowed on track. HPDE participants should print and fill out the "HPDE Tech" Form prior to arriving to tech. If you need a race or TT annual inspection, those will be handled onsite only on a case by case basis.
All NASA Forms (including the "HPDE Tech form" can be found) here --> https://nasaproracing.com/forms
• Will be located near the NASA AZ trailers (see paddock map)
• HPDE1 will need to “check in” with registration. All other groups will receive their wristbands from their respective Group Leader directly after the Drivers Meeting
We have a limited number of rental helmets @ $20 available in most sizes.
Drivers Meetings / Downloads
The drivers meeting per the schedule is mandatory for ALL drivers, instructors, officials, or anyone that will participate any way shape or form during the event. All other meetings times and locations will be announced by your respective Group Leader directly after the drivers meeting.
Looking to take a passenger along for a ride on track? No problem but there's a few more steps required:
1. Passengers need to be 18 (with photo ID proof of age)
2. Passengers are only allowed in HPDE3, HPDE4 or Time Trial
3. Passengers are required to sign the "Passenger Waiver" (in addition to the general "Gate Waiver") and pay a $10 fee
• Need to be pick up from registration and returned within 30 mins of your final session to avoid penalties
• Time Attack competitors that also run in TT and/or Race --> Select the "Transponder Rental" option from the registration page and then select the lower cost TA option (since you'll already have a transponder)
Timing and Scoring
Results will be posted on the sign easels at Driver Info. Please report errors to "Driver Info" ASAP so they can get properly corrected. If you own your own transponder, please ensure your membership profile is configured with your TX # (NOTE: T&S downloads that # prior to the event to ease/automate results).
• Live (real time) T&S @ https://racehero.io/events
• Archived PDFs @ http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Arizona_Region/
Race & TT Classing
All competitors classing sheets are publicly posted
https://supertouring.nasaseries.com/forms-rules/ (then click on the "ST/TT Car Compliance Database")
If you are competing as a "Team" but have not submitted a "Team Declaration", please turn this information into Driver Info at the event or get this to Tage@nasaaz.com prior to the event.
Bottled water (& other drinks) are available at Driver Info for sale via the self serve cash box ($1 water / $2 all other drinks).
No food vendors are expected for this event. Please plan accordingly.
Wild Horse Pass sells Torco Race Fuels at their pumps. Chevron is less than a mile away and has all regular pump grades of fuel. Loves is about a mile away (East side of freeway) and has race fuels at the pump as alternative options.
Graphics / Car Numbers
Tom from Twisted Priorities will be onsite and can create custom graphics and decals.
Safety Equipment: We Don't Lift (WDL)
Safety Solutions will be onsite to provide our registrants with access to high quality driver safety products as well as accessories for your racecar! Helmets, gloves and shoes are available for fitting. HANS devices available for HPDE Rental (with CC on file). Please email any specific requests ahead of time via firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Instragram (https://www.instagram.com/wedontlift/) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/weddontlift)! Please stop by and say hi to them at their trailer next to registration!
Photography - Elevated Trackside
Will be providing professional trackside photography for the event. Visit elevatedtrackside.com/nasaaz for full details including pre-ordering your digital pictures. After the event all photos will be available to view and purchase as digital downloads, or prints on events.elevatedtrackside.com Stop by their tent by registration to say hi, hang out in the shade, check out sample prints, and ask any questions. Need something before the event? Email them at email@example.com or message @elevatedtrackside on Facebook and Instagram.
NASA Arizona will have tire service available at the event. Please see Driver Info to pay for services.
$5 – dismount
$10 – mount
$10 – balance
$5 – tire disposal <-- $0 if you take your old tires with you to self dispose
NOTE: Air is free and is self serve via the air-chuck located near the front of the NASA AZ gooseneck trailer.
*DRAFT* EVENT SCHEDULE (subject to change based on actual entries)