About this event
JOIN US AT WATKINS GLEN INTERNATIONAL WITH S2K TAKEOVER AND NETC FOR TWO FULL DAYS AT THE GLEN!
OCTOBER 18TH, 2021 - OCTOBER 19TH, 2021
ABOUT THE EVENT:
- S2K TakeOver: For advanced and soloed intermediate S2000 drivers only.
- Red: Advanced drivers with 20+ track days or similar experience at various tracks.
- Blue: Intermediate drivers with 5 to 15 track days at various tracks.
RAFFLES FROM OUR SPONSORS:
- Always Clean Cars
- Renegade Motorsports
- El Gato Engineering
- and more
OPTIONAL HOTLAP TAKEOVER CHALLENGE (BROUGHT TO YOU BY PROTEON AERO):
- Download the HotLap.io app and join the event under S2K TakeOver.
- Select your class.
- Time your sessions and see where you stack up among the other drivers.
- Prizes will be awarded at the end of the event for the fastest time/driver in each class.
- Participate in other TakeOver events for a chance to win prizes from StopTech and Stable Energies at the end of the season.
- We suggest investing in a Bluetooth GPS receiver (i.e. Dual Electronics XGPS160 or similar) for more accurate lap times.
S2000 SPONSORS + DRIVER CONTINGENCY PROGRAM (2021 SEASON):
- StopTech's "TakeOver pricing" through Stable Energies.
- El Gato Engineering's services at a discounted rate for all vehicles.
- Stable Energies Driver Support Program (10% off for all registered MTA/TakeOver/NETC drivers for the 2021 season).
- Other sponsor discounts vary.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR THE EVENT:
- There will be a mandatory drivers' meeting each day.
- Lunch will be 1 hour long, followed by a group photo session on track.
- The MTA/NEDC/NETC Media Team will be at the track throughout the day for photos and videos.
- BE PREPARED FOR THE WEATHER. We will run RAIN or SHINE!
- Passengers will not be allowed under any circumstances. The only exception is if the driver is a certified instructor (proof of certification will be required).
- Each run group will have an assigned group leader to help answer any questions or concerns throughout the day.
- Drivers must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
- Helmets with a SNELL SA-2015 rating or higher are REQUIRED.
- Helmets with an M-rating are NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use, specifically in a rollbar, multi-impact test.
- Convertibles with roll hoops or roll bars MUST pass the BROOMSTICK TEST.
- At the time of your tech inspection, a broomstick will be placed from the top of the windshield to the top of the hoop/bar behind the driver's seat.
- The top of the driver's helmet must be below, and not touch the broomstick.
- Drivers will be required to get their cars inspected and will be responsible for having the technical inspection form filled out prior to the event and submitted at the event.
- MTA recommends visiting a certified facility of their choice to perform the inspection as noted in the technical inspection sheet.
- The MTA/TakeOver/NETC staff will perform another inspection on track to ensure all safety requirements (mandated by the track and our organization) are met.
- Participants and their guests are responsible for any damages to Watkins Glen International property including time spent on and off the track.
- Regular car insurance will not cover track incidents; please consider purchasing track insurance to protect yourself from the worst-case scenarios.