About this event
Motorsport Safety Foundation Level 2 Clinic
The MSF Level 2 Certification Clinic will provide you with the credentials to receive your Level 2 Certification. Upon successful completion you will receive a link from MSF to apply and register for your Level 2 status.
BSR has been providing training for competition, security and performance drivers since its creation at Summit Point Motorsports Park in the mid 1970’s. We are bringing the same training to certification that has been in place with our Friday At The Track (FATT) Instructor Clinics.
This is the only Level 2 Certification program offered by a performance driver training facility. It is a truly arrive and drive program with a full complement of HPDE Instructor exercises in addition to Driver Errors and Student Role Playing. You will be training in our Crown Victoria Police Interceptors on the Jefferson Circuit. This training platform provides an excellent opportunity to vividly experience the fundamental elements of car control that transforms a good driver into a great driver.
- Check-in will open at 7:00 AM and the Introduction and Advanced Vehicle Control lecture will be at 8:00
- Initial vehicle control exercises will be followed by a Tech Line (teaching the line) lecture followed by track laps where we will practice good form, hand signals, corner explanation and good driver form.
- After lunch you will participate in an on-track workshop of Dangerous Student Errors.
- This is followed by a Learning Methods lecture where you will delve in to the details of the complex learning your students experience.
- On track role play exercises will follow where you will have an opportunity to work with a variety of student types and will enjoy the challenges different drivers present.
At the conclusion of the day your performance will be evaluated by several instructors for your successful completion of the requirements for Level 2 Certification.
Total price for the MSF Level 2 Clinic is $695.00. After successful completion of this course you will be reported to MSF as qualified for Level 2 Certification and you will conclude with a fee to MSF.
For more information contact: Greg Haas firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must have completed their Motorsports Safety Foundation Level 1 Certification. Motorsport Safety Foundation Level 1 Registration
This is a pass/fail event and your successful completion is based on experience in HPDE instructing and essential instructor skills. It is recommended that you have at least 1 full season of experience as an instructor in order to perform your best in the exercises and role playing.
However, if you are new to instructing and wish to experience an excellent start to your instructing career this is one of the best opportunities you will find to quickly gain the perspective you need to thrive.
You will need a helmet for some of the exercises. If you are unable to bring your helment we do have loaners available.