About this event
NOW BACK for 2022! You can apply for or renew your Midwestern Council Competition License in just a few keystrokes on MotorsportReg! All MC comp licenses require a Midwestern Council membership and a current Medical form before issuing, so please renew or join one of the seven MC clubs to avoid delays. (To renew, please go to https://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/, then Search for “MC")
Paper renewal forms are no longer being mailed. But if you prefer the classic USPS method over online, that's still fine with us! Just download the application here, the medical form below and follow the instructions on the form.
The 2022 MC Medical form is available here: MC 2022 medical form.pdf. We also accept SCCA and FAA medicals.
When you apply for a License on MSR, your information is immediately sent to the MC Licensing Director. He will confirm that you are a 2022 club member, have submitted a current Medical and meet the Licensing requirements. For example, a renewal generally requires that you raced with us at least once in the previous year.
There are several types of MC Competition Licenses:
- A Full Competition License is the most common. It entitles you to all racing privileges and accumulation of MC Championship Points, and is also accepted by SCCA for race entries. Either a previous MC Drivers School and at least three successful races; OR an SCCA, NASA or ACC L1 or L2 license are required to qualify.
- An Instructor License is for Comp License holders who are also approved wheel-to-wheel Instructors.
- If you have an MC Novice License and have not yet upgraded to Full Comp, you need a Novice Renewal for the 2022 season. Available only to current Novice license holders.
- A Provisional License can be issued to an experienced driver who has not raced in the past few years. A summary of your racing resume should be attached to your application, along with a current Medical Form.
- A Probationary License Renewal is only issued to license-holders who are currently on probation with MC for past infractions.
- An Endurance Racing Permit allows you to compete in any Midwestern Council Enduro series without going throuhg a formal school, based on your past experience. A summary of your racing resume should be attached to your application, along with a current Medical Form.
Your license will be mailed to you as soon as the Licensing Director has verified eligibility requirements and your current Medical. Please be sure your mailing address is correct in your MSR profile. The License Credential is also stored online and is available to all event Registrars for confirmation.
If desired, you may also request a Midwestern Council Permanent Number in the license form. Numbers are first-come, first-served and subject to availability. The currently-assigned Permanent Numbers are available here so you can choose an open number for your race group: Permanent_Numbers 1-22-22.pdf
Looking for a Driver's School to get your MC Novice license? Please visit the MC April or July Drivers School Events (links comingsoon.)
Please refer to the Midwestern Council General Competition Rules (GCR) for full details on licensing and car preparation.
For 2022, Midwestern Council requires a Snell 2015 or newer helmet and an approved head/neck restraint device.