About this event
Welcome to the 2019 MBR SCCA Autocross/Solo season!
Autocross is a timed event that pits a driver's skill and a car's handling ability against the clock. A course is laid out using cones and the goal is to travel from the starting line to the finish in the lowest amount of time. A time penalty is incurred when cones are hit, so precision and control are essential. "Autocross" and "Solo" are used interchangeably - "Solo" is the SCCA's specific brand of autocross.
Autocross is one of the cheapest, safest and easiest motorsports to participate in. Our fees (listed below) are low, and no special safety gear (such as roll bars, fire suits, etc.) is required except a helmet (and the MBR Region has free loaner helmets available on site). You don’t need a “race car” to participate. Almost any production car is welcome, from showroom stock to heavily modified. Cars only compete against other, similar cars depending on its original performance and modifications. Cars are never near each other on the course and the speeds are relatively low, but still incredibly fun.
MBR’s events are held at Lake Erie Speedway. The Speedway is an 1/8th mile oval track with banked turns and paved infield, and we use all of it. Oval track racing might not be for everyone, but it’s hard to keep a smile off of your face blasting around the banking and diving off into the infield.
Solo Event Information
- Site opens at 8:30 AM
- Registration: 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM
- Tech: 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Course Walk Open: 9:45 AM - 10:45 AM
- Mandatory Driver's Meeting: 10:45 AM
- First car off at 11:15 PM
- Cost is $35 for SCCA members and $55 for non-members. Members MUST have their card present for discount. ALL competitors MUST have their driver's license to participate.
- Due to the later start time, there will be no lunch, only one 10-15 minute break between heats. Make sure to bring a snack with you or eat before you show up.
All cars, participants, and spectators must meet all SCCA requirements. These include, but are not limited to:
- Must have a valid Drivers License or permit.
- Competitors under the age of 18 must have a minor waiver signed by both parents or guardians at the event, in the presence of an SCCA member signing as witness. If both parents will not be attending the event, a minor waiver form, signed by both parents, must be notarized and brought to the event.
- The forms must be printed in color and can be found here:
- Due to the limitations of the facility we use, we can not safely offer entry to any kart classes.
- Helmets are required to be Snell (M or SA) 2005 rated or newer. (Loaner helmets are available on site for use)
- The full SCCA Solo Rule Book can be found here:
Once at the event, we still need you to go to the registration booth to confirm you are there.
If you have any questions about the requirements of the event, please contact us. We can be contacted through Motorsportreg, or you can visit our website for additional contact information. www.mbrscca.com