About this event
Welcome to the 2021 MBR SCCA Autocross/Solo season!
Autocross is a timed event that pits a driver's skill and a car's handling ability against the clock. A course is laid out using cones and the goal is to travel from the starting line to the finish in the lowest amount of time. A time penalty is incurred when cones are hit, so precision and control are essential. "Autocross" and "Solo" are used interchangeably - "Solo" is the SCCA's specific brand of autocross.
Autocross is one of the cheapest, safest and easiest motorsports to participate in. Our fees (listed below) are low, and no special safety gear (such as roll bars, fire suits, etc.) is required except an approved helmet. You don’t need a “race car” to participate. Almost any production car is welcome, from showroom stock to heavily modified. Cars only compete against other, similar cars depending on its original performance and modifications. Cars are never near each other on the course and the speeds are relatively low, but still incredibly fun.
MBR’s events are held at Lake Erie Speedway. The Speedway is an 1/8th mile oval track with banked turns and paved infield, and we use all of it. Oval track racing might not be for everyone, but it’s hard to keep a smile off of your face blasting around the banking and diving off into the infield.
Solo Event Information
- Site opens at 9:30 AM
- Registration Check-in: 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM
- Tech: 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM
- Course Walk Open: 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM
- Mandatory Driver's Meeting: 11:30 AM
- First car off at 11:45 PM
- Cost is $35 for SCCA Members, $50 for Non-SCCA Members for a single day. ALL competitors MUST have a valid driver's license to participate.
- Due to the later start time, there will be no lunch, only one 10-15 minute break between heats. Make sure to bring a snack with you or eat before you show up.
All cars, participants, and spectators must meet all SCCA requirements. Click here for the SCCA autocross website
The full SCCA Solo Rule Book can be found here: 2021 SCCA National Solo Rules
At the event:
- Each participant needs to provide their own helmet. Loaner helmets will not be provided.
- You are expected to follow social distancing protocols
- You are required to have your mouth and nose covered with a mask or other material
- Because the event is only allowing online registration, you will be checked off as you go through tech and no other registration process will be required.
- No public drinks or food will be offered. Please bring whatever drinks and food you'll need to the event.
Competitors under the age of 18 must have a minor waiver signed by both parents or guardians at the event, in the presence of an SCCA member signing as witness. If both parents will not be attending the event, a minor waiver form, signed by both parents, must be notarized and brought to the event.
The forms must be printed in color and can be found here:
Due to the limitations of the facility we use, we can not safely offer entry to any kart classes.
If you have any questions about the requirements of the event, please contact us. We can be contacted through Motorsportreg, or you can send us a message at https://www.facebook.com/MBRSCCA