About this event
Registration for this tour opens on June 15th at 8:00 AM!
It's back!! The third running of the Maryhill Loops Road, art museum and Maryhill Winery tour! Come join your fellow PNWR members in this event showcasing the Maryhill Loops Road and Art Museum. Maryhill Museum of Art founder Sam Hill was one of the Northwest’s first and most vocal advocates for modern roads. In 1998, a 3.6 mile section of the road was completely refurbished and received the Outstanding Project of Historical Significance Award from the American Public Works Association, Washington State Chapter. This section of road rises 850 feet at a 5% grade and is home to 25 turns, 8 of which are hairpins. We have rented this historic Maryhill Loops Road for our EXCLUSIVE USE-- that means NO ONE else will be on it!
The starting point on Saturday, August 29th will be the Auburn Outlet Mall parking lot, across from McDonalds. This is an all day drive on Saturday, August 29th to get to The Dalles, OR (6 1/2 hours plus the lunch stop) so be prepared for an adventure! Arrive between 8:00 and 8:30; drivers meeting at 8:30; first group departs at 9:00. This tour is limited to 50 cars to keep the group logistics manageable and tour experience enjoyable for all participants, especially on Maryhill Loops Road. This will take some pre-organizing, so plan to be flexible!
Saturday: Tour to Cousins Country Hotel in The Dalles, OR, with a couple of great driving segments after lunch at Bob's Burgers and Grill in Yakima. Saturday night: everyone is on their own for dinner, BUT if you don't want to check in and then get back in your car and find a restaurant, you have an opportunity to designate the hotel as a dining option with either a buffet or a fixed price limited menu (dinner reservations in The Dalles are difficult during summer months). The decision on the buffet will be dependent on whether the restaurant is allowed to serve buffet style dinners due to the Covid-19 restrictions. Sunday: Maryhill Loops Road Tour and Museum of Art. Dinner at Cousins Country Inn Restaurant's banquet room starts at 6 PM with no-host drinks followed by a choice of four dinner entries as listed in this registration. Dinner is at 7 PM and is limited to 72 people, so register early if you want to eat with the group! This means that some people may have to eat elsewhere in the main restaurant ot at a downtown restaurant.
Monday: Return home on your own although we may have an option tour that stops in Goldendale at the newly remodeled Goldendale Observatory State Park so stay tuned.
Cousins Country Inn, 2114 W 6th St., The Dalles, OR 97058 (800) 848-9378 or (541) 298-5161. Tell them you are in the "PNWR Porsche Club of America" block of rooms . Make your own reservations. You can register for the tour until August 22nd with the understanding that you are not guaranteed a room at Cousins Country Inn after July 29th!!
Single Queen Petite rooms @ $79/night (plus tax) *This is a regular queen-size bed, smaller room. UPSTAIRS ONLY* (part of the block of 20 rooms below)
20 Single King/Queen rooms @ $99/night (plus tax)
23 Double Queen rooms @ $109/night (plus tax)
7 Deluxe King room w/Vaulted Ceiling @ $139/night (plus tax)
TOTAL = 50 rooms blocked for August 29 and 30
Optional Saturday night sandwich buffet at the hotel: $21, including tax and gratuity, coffee/tea and cookies for dessert,
$25.00 for Maryhill Loops Road rental, plus $25 per person charge for the Sunday night banquet dinner as indicated below:
Option 1. Lemon Pepper Cod Filet
Option 2: Broasted Chicken
Option 3: Vegetarian Lasagna
Option 4: Roast Turkey
All entrees include a tossed salad with house dressing, rolls with butter, Chef's choice of veggie, Dessert: Chef's choice of items. Water, coffee and tea are included in the price.
Important note: The banquet room at the hotel can only handle 72 people. After that, attendees will have to eat in the regular dining room or pick a restaurant in town.
ALSO, Saturday night dining is "on your own". However, many restaurants around The Dalles do not accept reservations and the wait can be an hour, so it is first come, first served. If you would rather just eat at Cousins Country Inn on Saturday night after a long day of driving, they are offering a limited menu or a buffet for our group in their banquet room. Final details are still being worked out. We need a minimum of 20 people to attend to avoid having a room charge.
Check out these websites for more information. The second link is a classic Porsche 911 video of the run up the road.
Questions contact: Greg Halverson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 391-9385. Don't miss this unique tour!
- Cancellations and refunds: Please read and understand this policy before registering. Up until August 22nd, you may cancel your tour registration. However, the 50 room hotel block at the reduced rate is only good until uly 29th. After that, it is on a space available basis. The rooms will likely sell out soon after our block is released and other hotels in the area are much more expensive.
- Car club membership: To participate you must be a member of the PCA and PNWR. Porsche owners who are not members may register and receive a special invitation on a case-by-case basis.
- Non-Porsches on the Tour: There are no non-Porsches allowed on the tour unless there are extenuating circumstances (car in the shop, awaiting delivery, etc)
For Adult participants and attendees: All participants must sign the liability waiver at the driver's meeting.
- Age and driver's license restrictions: All drivers must be at least 18 years old and in possession of a valid US driver's license at the time of the Tour. A driving permit is not acceptable. For participants under 18 years old, the participant and at least one of his/her parents/legal guardian must sign a minors as Observers Only" waiver.
- Registering for Passengers: Please make sure to include the names of any passengers riding with you in the space provided during registration. If you have two cars on the tour each car and driver should register with a separate MotorsportReg account.
A note on Waivers:
- If you want to preview what you are signing on the waiver sheet at the driver's meeting, the wording is included here as part of this registration. In fact, you can't continue with the registration until you check the box saying you have read it! (just sayin'!)
- Additional information: See our club website http://www.pnwr.org/