About this event
Jax Solo is excited to support Camp Amigo for children burn victims by providing a donation of $500 from Event proceeds. Additional donations will be accepted onsite for those wishing to contribute, more information at:
The Event format will the same as usual.
AUTOCROSS EVENT PRICING:
|Pre-registered SCCA member:||$55|
Please read the following section in its entirety, these changes are necessary in order to safely hold this event:
This Event is capped at 125 drivers, pre-registration and pre-pay required.
If you need to cancel, cancellations made via MSR will receive a full refund.
Event operation changes that will be in effect:
- NO LOANER HELMETS WILL BE AVAILABLE
- SPECTATORS AND GUESTS ARE STRONGLY DISCOURAGED
- ALL DRIVERS WILL BE EXPECTED TO PRACTICE COVID-19 SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT POSSIBLE
- DRIVERS SHOULD BRING THEIR OWN COVID-19 PRODUCTS (HAND SANITIZER, MASKS, ETC)
- NO WATER WILL BE PROVIDED, BRING YOUR OWN
- RIDE-ALONGS AND PASSENGERS ARE DISCOURAGED
- CO-DRIVING A VEHICLE IS DISCOURAGED, BUT WILL BE ALLOWED
- THERE WILL BE ALTERNATIVE PROCESSES FOR WAIVER SIGNING, TECH INSPECTIONS AND DRIVERS MEETING
The schedule is compressed in order to minimize down time and maximize drive time. It requires every participant to focus on:
- Getting to the site EARLY
- Checking In IMMEDIATELY - REGISTRATION CLOSES PROMPTLY AT 8:30 AM
- Getting Tech Inspection performed
- Walking the Course
|Tech Inspection:||7:45-9:00am (roaming tech, ALL SCCA regional annual tech accepted)|
|Course open to walk:||8:30-9:00am|
|All drivers meeting:||9:00am|
|Event complete:||*normally* between 4:00 - 5:00pm|
Florida International Rally & Motorsports Park main road course circuit
7266 Airport Rd, Starke Fl 32091
New to autocross? No problem! Beginners are welcome and encouraged to drive with us! Check out some introductory info on SCCA solo at: https://www.scca.com/pages/i-want-to-autocross
Not sure what class you're in? Check out the SCCA Solo Rules :
- Determine your modification class (most cars are in Street, Street Touring, Street Prepared, or Street Modified, etc)
- Find you car make and model in Appendix A of the SCCA Solo Rules.
- Dont be overwhelmed by the Rulebook! Drop the Event Organizer a message or join our Facebook group "SCCA Jax Solo" to introduce yourself and get any questions answered quick!
Autocross is drive + work sport. All drivers will be required to work a heat and drive a heat, you must be present for both heats.
Jax Solo offers a few car classes that are unique and not defined in the SCCA Solo Rulebook:
PRO "P": offered for drivers who will complete throughout the season in multiple classes or those who have routinely won a particular class. This class will use a 'modifier' based on the cars actual class index/pax.
(STREET) TIRE "T": offered for cars who class, per the SCCA Solo Rulebook, may run R-comp (treadwear rating <200) tires but instead are running street tires (treadwear rating >=200). This class will use a 'modifier' based on the cars actual class index/pax.
NOVICE "N": this class is intended for drivers participating in one of theIr first 3 autocross events. Running this class will ensure that a novice gets the attention and assistance from more experienced participants. Furthermore, the class will run in the second heat after working the first heat so that the novice has seen the action before they drive the course for the first time. This class will NOT use a 'modifier' based on the cars actual class index/pax. A novice discussion will be held prior to the drivers meeting to go over the basics. Additionally, a novice course walk will be guided by a (typically) nationally competitive driver who will explain the course elements. The Novice discussion and course walk are open to any participant, not just those registered in the novice class!
No minors will be permitted onsite, accordingly, junior karts will not be offered at this Event.
Attention to those bringing MINORS (children under 18 years old), SCCA Rules AND FIRM Insurance require the following:
Minors at least 12 years old or at least 57" tall:
A Minor Waiver form must be signed by BOTH parents/legal guardians if the minor is to be a passenger or in grid. Without a completed waiver the minor must remain in the paddock area.
Minors under 12 years old or less than 57" tall:
CANNOT be passengers, CANNOT be in grid and CANNOT be out on course. Nor can they be left unattended in the paddock area while a single guardian is driving.