About this event
Introduction to High Performance Driving
The NCM MSP Introduction to High Performance Driving is a full-day track event.
Here's what it's about:
• Taking beginning drivers to the next level of recreational performance driving.
• Introducing and diving deeper into the concepts and nomenclature to help drivers be safe and successful on the racetrack.
• Breaking down the barriers of entry to the sport by keeping groups small, concentrated, and social.
• Creating more prepared drivers – demonstrating what to expect from a performance driving event, as well as demonstrating what is needed and expected from a driver and their vehicle.
• Makes for a great car club or group activity!
So how does it work?
The premise of the program will be small, concentrated groups cycling between a Lead/Follow on-track program utlizing the NCM MSP 2.1 Mile West Course, Auto Cross skills course and paired with classroom sessions on what to expect from performance driving events, as well as teaching techniques for success in performance driving.
Things covered in the skills curriculum:
• Basic car control and skills drills on the paddock and track
• Breaking down the corner - Turn In, Apex, Track Out
• Passing procedures and point-bys
• Corner Stations, Brake Markers, Pit In/Out signs
• Having fun on track!
Things covered in the Classroom curriculum:
• Learning terms and procedures
• Vehicle tech requirements – What is needed from a vehicle?
• Personal protective equipment requirements – What equipment is required?
• Flags – Why are they there? What do they mean?
• Communicating with your instructor on and off the track
• Basic and intermediate performance driving techniques
• How to get the most out of performance driving
• This is a bring-your-own-car event or contact MSP for information on getting behind the wheel of a C8 Corvette Z51!
• Convertibles are welcome
• Passengers will not be allowed in Student vehicles
• Helmet rental will be available – however, please bring a helmet if you own one.
• 32 Student spots available
• Any mechanically sound vehicle is invited to participate, sports cars, coupes, sedans, trucks, and mini-vans are all welcome!
• Contact Zack.Rackovan@motorsportspark.org with any questions
Check-in will begin at 08:00 CST!
Instructors should be on-site, and ready for the instructor meeting at 7:30 am CST. The day will end around 4:00 pm CST
We do not recommend sharing a vehicle for this program!
Instructors will need their own vehicles for the program.
Check in for the event will begin at 8AM - Drivers Meeting at 8:30am
Equipment requirements are minimal -
If you have a helmet, please bring it (SA2015 or newer is required). We will have limited helmets available for rental on a limited basis.
Long pants and closed-toed shoes are required.
This program is open to all normally functioning automobiles. Vehicle requirements will be gone over during the program, but please make sure the vehicle has no leaks, clean brake fluid (dot4 is highly recommended), oil, as well as tires and brakes with a minimum of 1/4 life left. The vehicle must be in sound mechanical condition.
Convertibles are welcome to this program.
Students must be a minimum of 16 years old with a valid driver's license.
No performance driving experience is required.
Passengers will not be allowed for this program.
Any other questions can be directed to Zack.Rackovan@motorsportspark.org - the only stupid question is the one not asked.