About this event
The Track Junkies group is Alberta’s premium recreational lapping day experience, with a safe and welcoming environment for people with high-value street and track cars to come out and play. Our events offer both competitive and noncompetitive high-speed lapping with coordinated (point-by) passing.
FORMAT: We use a rotating run group format. These run groups allow drivers with similar skill levels, and cars with similar expected speeds, to run together with minimal congestion. Rotating sessions will be 20 minutes in length. Participants should expect 2+ hours of scheduled track time at this event.
INSTRUCTION is available for novice drivers.
TIME ATTACK: We are offering one competitive Time Attack run group at each event, with AMB timing transponders available for rent. Participants electing to run in a timed run group can accumulate points throughout the season and qualify for prizes and trophies at the end of the season.
SCHEDULE: This is a DAYTIME event.
- Gates to the paddock open at 7:30 AM
- Mandatory drivers meeting at 8:30 AM
- Track hot from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM.
- No lunch or liquid refreshments provided to attendees at this time. You must bring your own liquid refreshments.
RATES for this event:
- Fee per driver: $295+GST
- Instruction for novice drivers: add $100+GST
- Helmet: $25+GST
- AMB transponder rental: add $25+GST
(required for timed competitive lapping)
- VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- SAFE, TRACK-WORTHY VEHICLE INSPECTED IN ADVANCE OF THE EVENT. Please note the following:
- Trucks, SUV's, SAV's and other high center of gravity vehicles are NOT permitted.
- Convertibles, cabriolets, and open-top cars must have structural rollover protection ... if you do not know what this means, please contact us BEFORE registering. A partial list of convertibles with acceptable factory-provided roll bar protection can be found on our website at http://www.trackjunkies.ca/approved-convertible-list/. If you do not see your convertible on the list, email us at email@example.com to see if your car complies.
- "Inspected in advance" means downloading the Track Junkies self-tech inspection form found at www.trackjunkies.ca/self-tech.pdf prior to the event and verifying the condition of each item on the form. Vehicles must be inspected separately for each event --- photocopies of previous inspections are not acceptable. The term "self-tech" means you may perform the inspection yourself if you have the required knowledge and tools. If you do not have the technical knowledge or tools required, or are not willing to take the time to properly inspect each item, please have the vehicle inspected by a licensed Automotive Service Technician with knowledge of the rigors expected in road course driving.
- BRAKE FLUID must be less than six months old on event date.
ONCE YOUR TECH INSPECTION FORM IS FILLED OUT, SCAN OR TAKE A PHOTO OF IT AND EMAIL IT TO firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE 18:00 HOURS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE EVENT. In the event you forget to email it, you will be required to email it first before entering the race facility on the morning of the event. Do it before, please, to avoid delays entering the race facility.
- HELMET: Snell-approved M-2010 (motorcycle) or SA-2010 (motorsport) or newer helmets are required for all participants. ALL Snell-approved helmets bear a Snell rating sticker, typically found by lifting up the helmet liner (you should not need to remove any glued portions of the liner to view the sticker). Open-face helmets are preferred in vehicles with air bags; closed-face helmets are preferred in vehicles without air bags. We have a limited number of open-face Snell-SA rental helmets available for Novice drivers.
- Novice drivers without track driving experience must take instruction (additional $100 fee) and complete a checkout ride before being permitted to solo. Unknown drivers without previous driving track experience in their profile will be placed in the novice run group and have an instructor assigned.
- TIME ATTACK COMPETITORS must be preapproved before they can register. Preapproval criteria is outlined on our website at www.trackjunkies.ca/solo-driving-requirements/. Please send an email to email@example.com outlining your previous experience if you wish to be approved.
- EVENT WILL GO RAIN OR SHINE … please be prepared. No refunds for inclement weather.