About this event
IT'S THE FIRST OVERNIGHT DRIVE AND DINE TOUR OF THE SEASON!
Join PCA POTOMAC as we take our Third Annual tour through the Maryland and Pennsylvania countryside to the famous HERSHEY PORSCHE-ONLY SWAP MEET and visit Hershey’s ANTIQUE AUTO MUSEUM! Plus fine food and this year, a new hotel venue - the historic THE HOTEL HERSHEY.
Where to: Hershey Swap Meet, Hershey, PA
Swap Meet Link: http://cpa-pca.org/swap
Museum Link: aacamuseum.org
Dates: We drive up Friday April 20, Satuday April 21 is the Swap Meet, and Sunday April 22 is the optional AACA Museum tour (or have some other fun in Hershey.....)
Costs and Other Info at a Glance:
a) Book directly through THE HOTEL HERSHEY using this weblink: https://aws.passkey.com/go/PorscheClubPotomacRegion2018. Special rate is $259 per night + 11% tax for a room with King Bed. Guests who prefer to call to make reservations can call 855-729-3108 and ask for the room block for the Porsche Club of America Potomac Region at The Hotel Hershey, April 20-22, 2018.
b) Gen. admission to the swap meet is free + $25 for Porsche area parking, or $40 for the Porsche Corral parking. If you want to enter in the Peoples' Choice Concours event, it's $10.
c} All meals are dutch style so costs vary depending on your appetite. Generally our lunches are $10-20 and dinners $30-40 each depending on what you eat and drink.
d) For those who wish to visit on Sunday with our group, the AACA Museum will be $12 and this time we will be taking a guided tour.
e) Expected trip length to Hershey about 130 miles with two stops along the way. Please fill up before we meet at the rally point!
Deadline: Wednesday Apr 13, but based on hotel availability, don't wait! Hotel deadline is MARCH 6, after which rooms at our special rate may no longer be available.
We will depart Friday April 20 at 10:30 am from south of Frederick MD (location to be provided once you register), and then together take a scenic drive northeastward along a new and fun route through the hills and valleys of Maryland and Pennsylvania toward Hershey. This year we will completely avoid the Interstate going into Harrisburg! We'll stop along the way for lunch and then a little later we'll stop off for some ice cream before we drive the last stretch into Hershey.
After checking in at THE HOTEL HERSHEY, relax and check out the surroundings. At about 6:30, we will meet in the lobby and head off to our traditional casual dinner Friday night April 20 at the fabulous Fenicci's!
April 21 Morning: We will caravan from the hotel after breakfast to the Swap Meet where we will try to get there early enough (before 9 am or so) so people who are not displaying (or selling) their car in the Corral can park together and wave the Potomac banner. Concours entrants should also head over there early to get your desired spot. Enjoy the festivities, eat some corndogs and funnel cake, and buy that sun visor for your 356 you've been looking for since 1986, or have a look at that 911 ducktail engine lid you were hoping to decorate your dining room with. And remember, this is the only Drive and Dine event where you can arrive in one Porsche and go home in another!
Depending on how long you are at the Swap Meet, you might have time to enjoy the hotel's amenities (like the pool, golf, archery, etc., and something called the Chocolate Spa). Or visit attractions, all with a chocolate theme. There is also some kind of theme park in Hershey. Hmmmmm.
Saturday night, we’ll enjoy our traditional business-casual dinner at the Mill of Hershey at 7:30 pm.
April 22 - Sunday morning, enjoy breakfast and for those of you who registered, we will head out from the Hotel about 9:30 (tentative) for the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum. Admission is $12, including a guided tour for our group. Visit their Corvette restoration exhibit.....plus their permanent TUCKER exhibit (for those of few of you who are into rear-engine cars....oh wait), And of course, Forest Gump's bus is there along with a myriad of changing and permanent exhibits, plus we may get lucky and see the Hershey Kissmobile out front.......
After the museum, those who are interested may enjoy a stragglers lunch at the Troeg brewhouse, or feel free to do some stuff in Hershey at your leisure, or head on home.
Signup is open now through April 13. However, you must make your Hotel Hershey reservation by March 6. We have a limited number of rooms. The rates will be $259 per night + 11% tax for a room with King Bed. You can access our room block (PORSCHE CLUB OF AMERICA - POTOMAC REGION) online at
https://aws.passkey.com/go/PorscheClubPotomacRegion2018. Guests who prefer to call to make reservations can call 855-729-3108 and ask for the room block for the Porsche Club of America Potomac Region at The Hotel Hershey, April 20-22, 2018.
For more information contact your Tour Guide:
or email us at email@example.com
Great cars, great roads, great fun and all with great people!
Please join us for an event you’ll talk about for years to come and more importantly meet fellow car enthusiasts and make new friends.
- Our events are open to all marques.
- You do not need to be a PCA member to participate.
- Portions of this event has limited capacity to accommodate the venue's facilities, and for the safety of all participants. (late registrations are risky due to capacity). Watch the website for revisions.
- We will notify you of your status by email. You are responsible for updating your profile in the MotorsportReg.com website to include your current contact information.
- We initially list all registrants as “confirmed”, or "wait listed" if the event is filled to capacity. When needed, we will change your status as soon as possible. We will provide formal notification of acceptance into an event by email prior to an event. If you haven’t received any notification, check the MSR website for your status.
- Due to limited capacity of the event venue, walkups are discouraged from attempting to join the event. Special consideration may be given to those who preregister but are wait listed at a future event.
- IF YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL.
- You must cancel please be courteous and cancel as soon as you can in order to allow others from the wait list to attend.
- Cancelations for hotel accommodations are per the policies of The Hotel Hershey, please visit http://www.hersheylodge.com for details.
- If you cannot cancel online, you must notify the Registrar by email and receive an ACKNOWLEDGMENT by email to verify that you have canceled.
- Potomac accepts only credit cards for payment. You are responsible for maintaining VALID CREDIT CARD INFORMATION in your profile.
- Billing problems result in notification by email with limited time to resolve the issue due to the short billing period. If the issue is not resolved, we may cancel you from the event.
- Credit card and billing information uses secure connections and is protected by MotorSportReg.com. You are the only person who has access to your card number. We only see the last four digits for billing purposes.
- Hotel accommodations & payment for services must be made directly through The Hotel Hershey.
- Refunds for hotel accommodations are per the policies of The Hotel Hershey, please visit http://www.thehotelhershey.com for details.
- Contact the D&D Chair to discuss special circumstances. THE D&D CHAIR IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN AUTHORIZE A REFUND OR CREDIT FOR AN EVENT.
- If you are authorized a credit for an event, you must use it before the end of the calendar year. We will not carry credits over into the following year. Credits may only be used for other PCA Potomac events. They can't be used for other clubs who also use motorsportreg.com.