About this event
GVC Autocross at Pineview Run
This will be a new driving experience for us at Pineview Run Auto & Country Club. The track is a 1.1 mile layout with turns and elevation changes. We will have paced orientation laps in the first session of the day followed by sessions consisting of an out-lap, a timed lap, and an in-lap. We will have instructors providing in-car instruction to ensure a fun event for all levels of driver. There is a 50 car limit for this event.
Because Pineview Run has paying members in addition to hosting our club we will be alternating track time with the membership during the day. Our sessions will be 1/2 hour long with 1/2 hour breaks where the track will be open to members. Pineview Run offers horseback riding, ATV trails, and skeet shooting at rates of $35/hour, so there are options for staying busy during breaks in the driving action.
Lunch is included! We will be enjoying lunch prepared by Pineview Run consisting of sandwich, salad, chips, cookie, and beverage.
8:00 - 8:50 AM Check-in/Registration
8:30 - 9:00 Roving tech inspection
9:00 am Drivers meeting
10:00-10:30 Paced orientation laps (helmet not required)
11:00-11:30 Group I session
12:00-12:30 Group II session
12:30-1:00 Break for lunch
1:30-2:00 Group I session
2:30-3:00 Group II session
3:30-4:00 Group I session
4:30-5:00 Group II session
$50 BMW CCA and PCA Members
$98 Non-Members (includes one-year membership in BMW CCA)
Car numbers from MotorsportReg.com will be honored whenever possible. Numbers can be applied with shoe polish or painters tape (usually available at the registration desk) if you don't have vinyl or magnetic numbers.
Car Tech Review
Pre-event car preparation is strongly recommended, please ensure brake fluid has been changed recently, brake pads have good thickness, tires are in good condition, and the car is mechanically sound.
A technical review will be performed on each car. We use a "roving tech" system, so cars will be checked in the paddock area. Items that are checked during tech include:
- All loose objects removed from car interior and trunk, including driver floor mat
- Rapid Throttle return
- Battery secure
- Firm Brake Pedal
- No play in Wheel bearings
- Adequate tire tread (no cord showing)
- Helmet within one generation of current Snell rating. Must have hologram with SA or M 2010 or 2015. Loaner helmets are available to drivers that don't have a Snell-certified helmet.
- Participants must have a valid driver's license.
- If you bring your own helmet, it must have a Snell hologram inside the lining with SA or M certification dated 2010 or newer.
- All participants and spectators must sign the GVC waiver on site.