About this event
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter at NASA Crows Landing for an Autocross Fun Run
NASA Crows Landing Airport and Test Facility, Crows Landing, CA (near Patterson off I5)
Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/wx8Wct9w5ukmURav6
This is the location of the sign-in station.
Fun run events execute similarly to a regular season competition event, without all the formality. We'll have run groups and timing, but don't require classification or car numbers. Our main goal at a fun run event is to maximize your seat time and fun. Take passengers, ride alongs, swap cars with your friends and have a blast.
We do not require previous high performance driver training or experience, but attending one of our Car Control Clinics or similar training is highly recommended. In the pre-COVID world, we had an exceptional program of instruction for first-timers and inexperienced autocrossers. In-car coaching is no longer the norm, but we will do our best to provide observational guidance to help you improve your skills. We encourage everyone to come and enjoy the fun!
No special car preparation is needed, in fact, we recommend you bring the car you drive on a daily basis. Doing so will give you a greater appreciation for your car's capabilities and improve your driving skills in the process.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMW and MINI and we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone is welcome!
Event cost is $85 per participant for members, $143 for non-members (includes 1 year of BMWCCA membership - $58). Click the button below to get signed up!
Questions? Please write us.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Step 1 - Understand Requirements
Read ALL of the content in this event listing to make sure you understand the event requirements, including: COVID-19 information, event location, waivers, membership requirements, payments, cancellation policy, tech inspection checklist, timeline, helmet requirements, waitlist, and guest policy.
Go-karts: Competitors driving karts of any kind are required to wear full-face helmets; a collar-type neck brace designed for motorsports use; and gloves, jackets, and full-length pants made of leather, vinyl, abrasion-resistant (ballistic) nylon or equivalent.
Step 2 - Be a Member
BMWCCA membership is required to participate. If you're not an active member of BMWCCA, you will need to join or renew your membership before signing up. We prefer you do this yourself at bmwcca.org, but if you like, you may register as a non-member and we'll take your money and pass it along to BMWCCA National to renew or activate your membership on your behalf. If you register and your membership is not current, your registration will be placed on hold until you provide proof that your membership is active. If we cannot verify your membership by the time registration closes, your registration may be cancelled.
Step 3 - Register
Complete the registration form and sign the electronic waiver.
- The Golden Gate Chapter is using a COVID mitigation strategy that minimizes the impact on how we conduct this event. All attendees, staff, and guests must be fully vaccinated (including waiting time) before arriving at the event. ID AND PROOF OF VACCINATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ENTER
- No loaner helmets are available for this event
- No chapter provided in-car coaching will be offered at this event. Therefore, if you are a first time autocrosser, or not comfortable driving solo, this event may not be for you
- Review and understand State guidelines at “Safely reopening California"
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only. No one will be permitted entry to the site after 08:15am
- You must have your own Snell 2015 (or newer) certified helmet (M, SA or EA) to drive or ride at GGC autocross events. Loaners are not available. Snell 2010 helmets will not be accepted
- All cars are welcome including stock convertibles. Special roll cages are not required
- With the exception of the BMW X1, SUV/SAV vehicles are not permitted. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend. Not sure? Write us and ask about your vehicle
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event
- DRONES or anything resembling a drone ARE NOT permitted at any GGC Autocross event. Do not bring one, do not ask to fly one
- Staff will be on site at 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. A mandatory attendee (all on site) meeting will start PROMPTLY at 8:30am. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY
EVENT TIMELINE (approximate)
0700: Staff and equipment arrive on site
0715: Donuts and coffee are consumed, course setup begins, tech inspections begin
0730: Trailer check-in opens
0815: GATE and Check-in close
0830: Mandatory Meeting - ALL ON SITE MUST ATTEND
0900: Course walk
0930: Run Group 1 - Session 1
1045: Run Group 2 - Session 1
1245: Run Group 1 - Session 2
1415: Run Group 2 - Session 2
1600: Site Cleanup and pack equipment trailer (volunteers needed!)
1700: Site closes
Licensed drivers 16 years old or older are welcome to participate in our driving events. If you are under 18 years of age, or you bring someone who is, you must have prepared the below waiver IN ADVANCE and bring it with you to the event. If you plan on attending more events this season, there are instructions for filling out the form to cover all Autocross events for the year with one waiver.
This waiver is required for entry to the event, so be certain to follow the instructions carefully. Parent/Guardian signature is required.
You must be an active BMWCCA member to participate in our driving events and Motorsportreg.com will verify your member number automatically. Please make sure your MSR account has the correct number entered.
Please follow this link to join if you are not a BMWCCA member or you need to renew:
Alternatively, you may select the non-member option when registering for this event. If you do not receive your membership number prior to the event you are signed up for, please e-mail an image of your sign-up receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we cannot verify your membership as active by the time registration closes, your registration will be cancelled.
If the event is sold out, you'll automatically be placed on the wait list. We will move folks from the wait list as spots open up, and in the order you registered. Your credit card will be charged to secure your spot on the wait list. If we do not get enough cancellations to let you in to the event, we will refund your entry fee (and any food purchase) only. Membership purchases are not refundable, even if you don’t get in.
PAYMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
Your credit card will be charged at time of registration. Temporary (one time use) credit card numbers are declined by our payment system, so please use a regular credit or debit card for payment.
A $35 cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel prior to close of registration. You will receive a credit on your MSR account for the difference you paid shortly after the event date, or sooner. If you cancel after the close of registration, or you do not show up, or you are denied entrance for any reason, no refund or credit will be given.
BMWCCA memberships purchased through this registration process will be forwarded to National on your behalf before the close of registration. If you cancel your registration, no refund or credit will be given for your membership purchase because it has already been activated.
NO SHOWS/LATE CANCELLATIONS
We recognize life happens, but for our events to run smoothly and safely, we require all who commit to attend to show up to the event. Please do us the courtesy and cancel or notify us that you will not attend if something unexpected comes up.
TECH INSPECTION CHECKLIST
Verify all of the following conditions are met before arriving at the event. Your vehicle will be required to pass an on-site tech inspection. If it does not pass, you will not be allowed to drive your car.
- BATTERY IS SECURELY MOUNTED WITH FACTORY HOLD DOWNS! Make-shift hold downs are not allowed. This is our #1 reason for failing tech!
- Wheels are safely attached and exhibit no cracks. Wheel nuts/bolts are tightened to the manufacturer’s recommended torque value
- If aftermarket wheel studs are used, each wheel stud must be at least flush with the outer-most surface of the wheel nut when the nut is affixed by fingers and before any wheel nut is torqued to the manufacturer’s recommended value
- All loose items are removed from the vehicle. If a video camera is employed, it is securely mounted
- Tires show no cords, belts, or cracks in the tread or sidewall
- Seat belts and/or harnesses are properly installed and in good condition
- Brakes are in good working order, have no leaks under pressure, and have adequate fluid in the master cylinder
- No fluid leaks (fuel, oil, coolant, power steering fluid, transmission and differential fluids, brake fluid) are present while the vehicle’s engine is running
- Wheel bearings, steering mechanism, suspension, and shocks are in good operating condition
- The exhaust is in good working order
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for drivers. No open-toed shoes, sandals, or "flip-flops" are allowed on course
- Roll bars, if installed, are properly and securely mounted
We reserve the right to refuse entry/participation to anyone for any reason. ID AND PROOF OF VACCINATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE EVENT.
Your safe enjoyment of our event is our #1 priority. Racing is serious business and we need everyone in attendance to take it seriously. If you’re not following instructions, not playing by the rules, or not taking your work assignment seriously, we may ask you to leave and you may not be allowed to come back.