About this event
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter at Crows Landing for another Fun Run Autocross
This is a fun-run style event, but we will have the timing system up and running.
No special car preparation is needed, in fact, we recommend you bring the car you drive on a daily basis. Doing so will give you a greater appreciation for your car's capabilities and improve your driving skills in the process.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI. Unlike some other clubs, we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone has the same chance of getting in!
Event cost is $75 per participant for members, $133 for non-members. Click the button below and get signed up!
Questions? Please write us.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Read ALL of the content in this event listing to make sure you understand the event requirements, including: COVID-19 information, event location, waivers, membership requirements, payments, cancellation policy, tech inspection checklist, timeline, helmet requirements, waitlist, and guest policy.
BMWCCA membership is required to participate. If you're not an active member of BMWCCA, you will need to join or renew your membership. We prefer you do this yourself at bmwcca.org, but if you like, you may register as a non-member and we'll take your money and pass it along to BMWCCA National on your behalf. If you register and your membership is not current, your registration will be placed on hold until you provide proof that your membership has been renewed. If we cannot verify your membership by the time registration closes, your registration will be cancelled.
Complete the registration form and sign the SpeedWaiver
- Golden Gate Chapter is using a COVID mitigation strategy that minimizes the impact on how we conduct this event. All attendees, staff, and guests will have to be fully vaccinated (including waiting time) before the event. You'll be asked about your status during registration.
- No loaner helmets are available for this event. You must provide your own Snell 2010 (or newer) certified helmet (M, SA or EA). The chapter gives 1 year grace periods on helmets.
- No chapter provided coaches will be offered at this event. Therefore, if you are a first time autocrosser, or not comfortable driving solo, this event is not for you
- Review and understand State guidelines at “Safely reopening California"
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only. No one will be permitted entry to the site after 08:30am
- Snell 2010 (or newer) certified helmet (M, SA or EA) are required for all GGC autocross events. LOANER HELMETS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend. Not sure? Write us and ask about your vehicle
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event
- DRONES or anything resembling a drone ARE NOT permitted at any GGC Autocross event. Do not bring one, do not ask to fly one
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. A mandatory attendee (all on site) meeting will start PROMPTLY at 9:00am. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY
Licensed drivers 16 years old or older are welcome to participate in our driving events. If you are under 18 years of age, or you bring someone who is, you must have prepared the below waiver IN ADVANCE and upload it to the event registration form. If you plan on attending more events this season, there are instructions for filling out the form to cover all Autocross events for this season.
This waiver is required for participation, so be certain to follow the instructions carefully.
You must be an active BMWCCA member to participate in our driving events and Motorsportreg.com will verify your member number automatically. Please follow this link to join if you are not a BMWCCA member or you need to renew:
Alternatively, you may select the non-member option when registering for this event. If you do not receive your membership number prior to the event you are signed up for, please e-mail an image of your sign-up receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we cannot verify your membership as active by the time registration closes, your registration will be cancelled.
If the event is sold out, you'll automatically be placed on the wait list. We will move folks from the wait list as spots open up, and in the order you registered. Your credit card will be charged to secure your spot on the wait list. If we do not get enough cancellations to let you in to the event, we will refund your entry fee (and any food purchase) only. Membership purchases are not refundable, even if you don’t get in.
DRIVER NUMBERS AND CAR CLASSIFICATIONS
For this fun run event, no driver numbers or car classifications are required.
PAYMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
Your credit card will be charged at time of registration. Temporary (one time use) credit card numbers are declined by our payment system, so please use a regular credit or debit card for payment.
A $35 cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel prior to close of registration. You will receive a credit on your MSR account for the difference you paid shortly after the event date, or sooner. If you cancel AFTER the close of registration, or you do not show up, no refund or credit will be given.
BMWCCA memberships purchased through this registration process will be forwarded to National on your behalf. If you cancel your registration, no refund or credit will be given for your BMWCCA membership purchase.
NO SHOWS/LATE CANCELLATIONS
We recognize life happens, but for our events to run smoothly and safely, we require all who commit to attend to show up to the event. Please do us the courtesy and cancel or notify us that you will not attend.
TECH INSPECTION CHECKLIST
Verify all of the following conditions are met before arriving at the event. Your vehicle will be required to pass an on-site tech inspection. If it does not pass, you will not be allowed to drive your car.
- BATTERY IS SECURELY MOUNTED WITH FACTORY HOLD DOWNS! Make-shift hold downs are not allowed!
- Wheels are safely attached and exhibit no cracks. Wheel nuts/bolts are tightened to the manufacturer’s recommended torque value.
- All loose items are removed from the vehicle. If a video camera is employed, it is securely mounted.
- Tires show no cords, belts, or cracks in the tread or sidewall.
- Seat belts and/or harnesses are properly installed and in good condition.
- Brakes are in good working order, have no leaks under pressure, and have adequate fluid in the master cylinder.
- No fluid leaks (fuel, oil, coolant, power steering fluid, transmission and differential fluids, brake fluid) are present while the vehicle’s engine is running.
- Wheel bearings, steering mechanism, suspension, and shocks are in good operating condition.
- The exhaust is in good working order.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for drivers. No open-toed shoes, sandals, or "flip-flops" are allowed on course.
- Roll bars, if installed, are properly and securely mounted.
We reserve the right to refuse entry/participation to anyone for any reason. Racing is serious business and we need everyone in attendance to take it seriously. If you’re not following instructions, not playing by the rules, or not taking your work assignment seriously, we may not allow you not to come back.