Gateway AutoCross 2017 Championship Events 5&6
Gateway Autocross - NASA-X Central
Registration closed November 19, 2017 11:59 PM on November 19, 2017 11:59 PM CST Registration ends November 19, 2017 11:59 PM on November 19, 2017 11:59 PM CST Registration opens February 6, 2017 12:00 AM on February 6, 2017 12:00 AM CST Registration runs from February 6, 2017 12:00 AM to November 19, 2017 11:59 PM
All Day - $50
No Work, Run All Day - $125 (Limited Availability)
Single Session - $35
One on One Novice School Entry - $125 (places limited, see below for details)
NEW! 2017 Gateway Autocross Points Championship
In 2017, all St. Louis area Gateway AutoX events will be part of our Championship series with great trophies and prizes awarded for series champions. Here are the details:
- Points from SCCA classes are awarded to the top 10 positions from the overall index from each event.
- Points from NASA-X classes are awarded to any class having 3 or more entrants.
- Morning and afternoon sessions of each event day are scored as separate points events, with the course being run in reversed direction for the afternoon session.
Points are awarded to all drivers in the event based on the percentage of the index winner’s time and the individual driver’s time. To determine the individual driver’s points, the winner’s time is divided by the individual driver’s time and multiplied by 10,000. All drivers are scored.
Example: Racer 1 wins his class with a time of 50.000 seconds; Racer 2 finishes second, with a time of 51.500 seconds; Racer 3 finishes with a time of 55.870 seconds.
Their points come out like this:
- Racer 1 automatically gets 10,000 points for winning
- Racer 2 receives 9709 points, (50.000/51.500) x 10,000
- Racer 3 receives 8949 points, (50.000/55.870) x 10,000
- And so on down to 10th place
- If a driver DNFs (Does Not Finish) all runs for a particular event, the class points awarded will be based on the slowest time in that class, plus four seconds. Should the only driver in a class DNF all runs, that driver will earn no class points for that event.
- Their points come out like this:
- Example: Racer 1 wins his class with a time of 50.000 seconds; Racer 2 finishes second, with a time of 51.500 seconds; Racer 3 finishes with a time of 55.870 seconds.
- There are 6 points events scheduled for 2017. 4 out of 6 events count for points.
- The Peru and Blytheville events do not count for points,
One on One Novice School
Designed for your brand new autocrosser or one with less than 1 year of experience, our One on One program pairs you with an experienced autocross instructor for the entire day! Your instructor will help you ready your car for tech, walk the course, and of course, improve your driving. You get runs in both the morning and afternoon session, and only have to work course for one heat. During the other non driving heat, you shadow your all day instructor while they drive their own car.
Your work with your instructor one on one all day - plan on this being an intense, exhausting day of learning. Typically your instructor will want to ride with you during runs and may ask to drive your car during a run to help illustrate a point. During your "shadow" heat your instructor may also have you ride with them. All riding and driving of others cars is optional and up to the individuals involved.
Our instructor roster incudes multiple time national champions and trophy winners with years of experience in various types of vehicles. Once you enter, we will contact you with our suggested instructor(s) who are most appropriate for you and your car and you can choose. In the unlikely event we cannot find an instructor you are happy with, we will refund your school entry feel
- Entry Fee $125
- You drive 1 heat in both AM and PM sessions
- Your work course 1 heat, generally the AM session. Working course sucks but it is an intergral part of our sport and it is important to a) learn how to work and b) see how other drivers approach the course.
- You shadow your instructor for 1 heat while they run.
Run in the Morning, or Afternoon
With our events, you get to choose when you run. Do you have family commitments in the morning, and can't attend the usual Sunday morning event, that is fine, come and run with us in the afternoon! Have a BBQ or party to get to in the afternoon, great, come run with us in the morning. Have nothing else to do? Run both the Morning and Afternoon events with Gateway Autocross. Remember that points are only counted from 4 of the 6 events, so you don't have to run them all!
No Work, Run all Day Entry
If you need a lot of runs for testing and tuning, or just hate working at autocrosses and are willing to put your wallet where your work assignment is, our No Work, Run all Day Entry is perfect for you. For $125 entry fee, you get to run all day, both sessions with no work assignment. Only your first set of runs counts towards trophy positions and championship points.
We offer online registration before the event, and the ability to register on site as well. We run both a Morning and Afternoon session, you can choose if you want to run morning, or afternoon, you do not need to run with other competitors in your class.
Our events offer car classification using NASA's 2016 classification guidelines, all 2017 SCCA Classes (includng ladies) and NCCC class for our Corvette club friends. All SCCA classes, except FJA, FJB, CAM-T, CAM-S and CAM-T not having 3 entrants will be "bumped" to an overall index class using the 2016 PAX/RTP factors.
Event Trophies are given out for the top 3 finishers in each of the 11 NASA, NCCC, CAM, FJ, the SCCA Index Class and any other SCCA class with 3 or more entrants.