About this event
If you enjoy FSR Fun Runs, we have a treat for you.... a weekend of them!
Join your First Settlers Region friends for a weekend in Waynesboro with two days of Fun Runs through the twisties of western Virgina from 21-23 May.
We'll arrive at the host hotel (Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro) on Friday, 21 May. This will be the starting point for both Saturday and Sunday Fun Runs. The Saturday run will bring us back to the Holiday Inn Express for an overnight. The Sunday run will end at the James River Brewery in Scottsville for lunch. We'll head home from there.
We have room for 16 cars. Event cost is $40 per person, which includes a German dinner Saturday night. Pay as you go expenses will be your hotel room, German dinner bar tab, and lunch Saturday and Sunday.
Here's the plan:
Friday, 21 May
- Hotel check-in.
- Event check-in: From 7-9 PM at the Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro (HIE), 15 Windigrove Dr, Waynesboro, VA 22980.
Saturday, 22 May - Full Day of Driving
- Drivers' Meetings 9 AM and 9:15 AM at the HIE.
- Fun Run: Route includes Goshen pass, Douthat State park, Humpback Bridge and lunch at the Paint Bank General Store (pay as you go lunch). There is an option of the Blue Ridge Parkway if time permits. This route is about 200 miles.
- Fun Run ends at the HIE.
- FSR group German dinner in Waynesboro.
- Overnight in Waynesboro.
Sunday, 23 May - Half Day of Driving
- Check out of your room.
- Drivers' Meetings, 9 AM and 9:15 AM at the HIE.
- Fun Run: Route includes crossing the Blue Ridge on Ed Merry's most favorite twisty, VA 56, Crab Tree falls, and twisty roads along the James River. This route is about 140 miles.
- Fun Run ends at the James River Brewery, 561 Valley St, Scottsville, VA 24550.
- Lunch at the the Brewery.
- Depart for home.
Lodging: Lodging is expected to be TIGHT, so please make reservations ASAP. There are alternatives to the host hotel.
(Host) Holiday Inn Express, 540-932-7170
Hampton Inn, 540-213-9500
Marriott Residence Inn, 540-943-7426
Comfort Inn, 540-932-3060
***If you have yet to submit a NEW PCA Communicable Disease Exposure (CDE) waiver, please print, sign and bring one with you to the event. Every attendee must have one on file. The new waiver is good until Feb 2022. The previous version expires May 26, 2021 so you don’t have to re-submit for this event, but we recommend it so you'll be good for another year. Download the updated waiver HERE.
FIRST SETTLERS REGION - PORSCHE CLUB OF AMERICA
EVENT COVID-19 SAFETY GROUND RULES
1. Masks are always required to be worn by everyone when outside your vehicle as you participate in this event. If you object or are not comfortable with this requirement, please do not participate.
2. Please do not come to the event if you are feeling ill, have any COVID-19 symptoms or have a temperature. You will be asked to let us take your body temperature as part of registration. Your temperature must be below 100.4 degrees. You will also be asked about COVID-19 symptoms and exposure.
3. Avoid congregating at all times. Leave appropriate space between people, participating cars and other vehicles while parked.
4. Maintain at least 6 feet of separation between family units at all times when out of vehicles.
5. We recommend filling with gas before arriving at the event.
6. We will provide hand sanitizer, nitrile gloves and masks for the event workers plus have extra on hand as needed.
7. We will remind participants that there should not be any touching between event workers and participants. No handshakes, hugs or high-fives please.
8. We will remind participants to allow an empty space between cars to the greatest extent possible.
9. If any event participant does not comply with all of the above safety ground rules, they will be asked to immediately depart the event. If there is sufficient concern regarding participant safety, the event organizers may cancel the event at any time, including prior to the start.