About this event
Join your First Settlers Region friends for a Summer Fun Run on Saturday, 31 July ending at the historic Hanover Tavern for lunch.
The event begins in Oilville, VA and rambles for 98 miles around Lake Anna, past Patrick Henry’s home in Scotchtown and ends at Hanover Tavern for an optional lunch. Two bathroom breaks are included.
There is no cost except for your a la carte lunch (separate checks) at the tavern. Lunch reservations are at 1:00PM. Drive time is around 3-1/2 hours.
We have space for 26 participant cars and 50 seats for lunch, so don't delay... register NOW!
- Check-in will begin at 8:45AM at the Exxon Station/Car Wash in Oilville at the intersection of Routes 250 and 617. The first group of cars will depart at 9:30AM.
- Oilville is at Exit 167 on I-64, west of Richmond. Drive to the top of the ramp, turn south onto Oilville Rd. and the Exxon station is about a half a mile down on your left (1420 Broad St. Rd.). The entrance is just before the intersection at Broad St. Rd.
- There is a VDOT rest area on I-64 just before exit 167 at MM 168.6. A stop there might be a good idea.
- Each car will be given a package containing wrist bands, a group number, a car number, safety instructions, and route instructions. If your package is labelled #2-3, you are in the second group, car number three. There is no need to maintain car number sequence within your group as you line up for departure.
- Each group will have a separate drivers’ meeting to avoid close contact
- There will be three groups of ten cars each. Each group will have a lead and the last group will include a sweeper. The groups will depart ten minutes apart.
COVID precautions (PCA CDE Waivers are no longer required):
- If you feel sick or have a temperature of 100.4 or greater, please stay home. If you become sick during the event, you will need to withdraw immediately.
- Six-foot social distancing is required. Please do not create congestion at the check-in location.
- We cannot stress the need for each person to assess their own personal risk of infection. If you feel sick or have a temperature, stay home. If you feel these preparations and procedures are inadequate, please stay home.
We hope to see you there!
Hit the Continue button below to proceed with registration.