About this event
Join your First Settlers Region friends for our first fun run of the year on Saturday, April 2nd, starting at The Carrot Tree Kitchen, our usual monthly Williamsburg breakfast location, and ending at Smithfield Station for lunch. The drive includes crossing the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry.
The planned route is 83 miles and should take about 3 hours. Since we're still in a COVID environment, we'll operate under those procedures.
We have room for 32 cars and 65 lunch attendees.
We also plan to run a Vintage Group, so if you're driving a 356, 914, long-hood 911 or '70s transaxle car, you can sign up for this group.
There is nominal $5 fee per car for the fun run. Your lunch tab will be pay as you go.
Event conduct and requirements are as follows:
- If you feel ill or are sick or have a temperature of 100.4 or greater, please stay home. If you become sick at the event, you will be asked to leave immediately.
- Breakfast starts as usual at 9AM at the Carrot Tree Kitchen (1303 Jamestown Rd, Williamsburg). Check-in will begin at 10 AM, also at the restaurant.
- After PCA insurance waiver signing, we'll have a Drivers Meeting at 10:30 and the first group will depart at 11:00.
- We'll have 4 groups of 10 cars, including leads and sweeps.
- Groups will depart 10 minutes apart.
- The route is 83 miles and takes about 3 hours. We'll re-gather cars after the ferry at Surrey Seafood Co. (633 Marina Dr., Surrey). Our break stop during the route will be at the Burger King in Windsor (59 West Windsor Blvd, Windsor).
- We expect to arrive at Smithfield Station (409 S. Church St, Smithfield) around 1:30PM. Lunch selections will be from the menu.
We hope to see you there!