About this event
Friday at the Track (FATT) is an introduction to high speed driving. Bring your street car or rent one of our for this instructional event. You will receive skid pad instruction in Summit Point cars (including front and rear skid management), Pace car and Chase car instruction in your own car and two sessions of class time. It is a chance to go fast and have fun in a controlled environment. This event is a pace/chase format as instructors are not permitted in cars due to COVID.
Must be 18 years old to participate.
Pre-Registration Cost: $290.00 per person (cost INCLUDES MotorsportsReg fees). Participants will not be charged until time of check-in.
Pre-Registration is strongly recommended for this event as each even sells out.
On-Site Registration Cost: $325 per person and INCLUDES Motorsports Reg Fees. No guarantee of available space on day of event.
Review this page before each registration. The rules and policies will evolve as the program grows.
- Street cars on street tires. No SUV’s, Minivans, or Truck’s.
- Convertibles must be equipped with an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA Time Trials rules or the vehicle is equipped with documented factory installed roll over protection (examples of manufacture documented roll over protection would include hydroformed and reinforced a-pillars or windshield frames and factory installed roll bars and/or “pop-up” bars that are designated as roll over protection
- Functional factory or “pop-up” roll bars are acceptable such as Porsche Boxster or BMW Z3 with owners manual that confirms that they are “ROLLOVER PROTECTION” not “Style” bars. Honda S2000, Dodge Viper, Chevrolet Corvette, and Mazda MX5 convertibles and some other convertibles, not listed, are required to have an aftermarket ROLL Bar.
- Historic cars must have a minimum of three point belts. Belts must be safely installed and well anchored.
- Drivers and passenger’s seat must provide IDENTICAL protection, including seat, seat belts and roll bar padding.
- Some racecars from various sanctioning bodies are FATT, eligible, provided they meet all BSR tech requirements. This includes a passenger seat for all Novice and Intermediate participants.
- The sound decibel limit for vehicles is 103. Sound levels will be monitored. Vehicles found to be over the limit will be asked to correct on the first offense, then not permitted to participate on subsequent offenses.
- Cars will be technically inspected for safety.
- Helmets are required. (SA2010/M2010 or higher rating (after Jan 1, 2017) – limited quantity available for loan).
- Participants should keep safety equipment in proportion to performance modifications.
- Gate opens at 6:00 am.
- Driver's Meetings are MANDATORY. Registration closes 15 minutes before driver's meeting. Students should plan to arrive one hour prior to allow enough time for technical inspection. Students will not be able to participate if they miss the driver’s meeting.
Registration is open from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Tech inspection is open from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Mandatory Meeting Times:
- Instructors Meeting - 7:50 a.m.
- Group 3 - Advanced/Solo - 8:15 a.m.
- Group 1 Novice 8:25 a.m.
- Group 2 Intermediate - 9:15 a.m. (registration and tech must be completed prior to 8:30 a.m. Those arriving after 8:30 a.m. will not be allowed to participate)
6. Experienced drivers new to FATT will receive a check ride with one of our instructors to be familiarized with the program before they will be allowed to drive solo.