About this event
NEW FOR 2021: PARTICIPANTS WILL BE CHARGED AT TIME OF REGISTRATIONS. No refunds or credits will be issued. An entry is one time transferrable to another person for that event only and must be pre-arranged.
Friday at the Track (FATT) is an introduction to high-speed driving. Bring your car or rent one of ours. This is an instructed event.
Included with your registration for Novice and Intermediate Drivers:
- skid pad instruction in Summit Point cars (including front and rear skid management),
- in-car instruction in your own car
- classroom time
Solo driver's receive four sessions of track time and can participate in skid pad instruction.
Driver's meetings are mandatory. If you do not attend the driver meeting, you will not be permitted to participate.
Our experienced instructor corps is made up of racing, high-speed driving enthusiasts and veterans eager to share their knowledge with you.
Pre-registration is recommended.
$295.00 per person
fOn-Site, day of registration Cost: $340.00 per personNo guarantee of available space on day of event. Pre-registration is recommended as these events usually sell out.
Drivers must be 18+ and present a valid driver’s license at check-in
Group 1 – Novice – All instructed. Experience level is 0 to 3 track days. Students benefit from ongoing instruction and reinforcement when on track. Students in this group use instruction to improve line and technique, and should begin to recognize and correct mistakes.
Group 2 – Intermediate – Instructed. Minimum 3 days on track experience level. These students show awareness of flags, consistent line and car placement, while managing traffic well. They are preparing to solo.
Group 3–Solo - These students have shown high level of awareness and rarely make mistakes. Solo drivers operate their car exceptionally well and remain calm on track even in complicated situations.
Group 3 drivers need to be “Solo” qualified through FATT or a recognized club/organization. If you have not participated with us before, please send your track driving resume HERE for verification BEFORE REGISTERING so that we can help you get registered into the appropriate group
Driver: All participants must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license
- Street cars on street tires
- No SUV’s, Minivans, or Truck’s or crossovers
- Some production-based racecars from various sanctioning bodies are FATT eligible with pre-approval
- Convertibles must be equipped with either factory installed passive roll over protection, documented in the owner’s manual or an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA GCR. Drivers must bring owner’s manual or aftermarket documentation and present it at tech.
- All convertibles also need to pass the “broomstick test”
- “Style” bars and removable hard tops are not approved for rollover protection
- Retractable Hard Tops, Targa Tops, T-Tops and Sunroofs must remain in place while on track
*If you are unsure about the legality of your convertible, please contact us HERE before registering.
Sorry no refunds or credits if you register and/or show up with a convertible that doesn’t pass tech
- The passenger’s seat must provide the same level of safety protection as the driver
- ALL vehicles must pass Tech Inspection: Form located in event packet. Drivers will need to color print, fill-out, sign, and bring this to check in)
*It is the responsibility of the participant to assure safe mechanical condition of the vehicle at all times. It is strongly recommended that vehicles be thoroughly and routinely inspected by a reputable technician beforehand. Refunds or credits will not be available for vehicles that don’t pass tech.
- The sound decibel limit for vehicles is 103. Sound levels will be monitored. Vehicles found to be over the limit will be asked to correct on the first offense, then not permitted to participate on subsequent offenses.
Helmets: Must be worn, have Snell SA2010 or newer rating and be in good condition.
Shoes: Closed toe shoes
- Driver's are not permitted to have passengers
- Guests may be allowed to ride with instructors during instructor sessions only
- Must be 18+ years old, with valid ID presented at check in
- Hands and arms must be kept inside the car
- Hand-held recording devices of any kind are not permitted
Weather: FATT runs “Rain or Shine, Hot or Cold” but may be rescheduled/paused for more significant weather
CANCELLATION: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUND OR CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN. AN ENTRY IS ONE-TIME TRANSFERRABLE TO ANOTHER PERSON FOR THAT EVENT ONLY AND MUST BE PRE-APPROVED.
- The Motorsports gate opens at 6:00am
- Registration is opens at 7:00am
- Tech inspection is open from 7:30 - 8:30am
- Driver's Meetings are MANDATORY.
- Students will not be able to participate if they miss the driver’s meeting.