About this event
ExciteGP Finals - Lanier Raceplex
IF YOU REGISTER IN THE INCORRECT RUN GROUP, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE DRIVER LIST WITHOUT REFUND. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!
ABOUT EXCITEGP FINALS:
ExciteGP is style focused grassroots competition drift series put on by iTrack Motorsports. These events are designed to give drivers maximum seat time. With open drift sessions and hot lapping qualifying, there is no shortage of driving. For ExciteGP, all cars are required to have all bodywork, painted, and complete.
ExciteGP Round 3 will kick off on Saturday September 12th at Lanier Raceplex. We are extremely excited to be back at Lanier Raceplex for the finals this season!
The event on Saturday and Sunday will operate the same way as other Lanier events. We will run three (3) separate run groups throughout the morning. After practice at 2pm, judges will begin making their top 16 brackets for Clubsport and Legends classes. At 5:20pm, we will start the competition for the Legends class. Drivers will battle in a Top 16 bracket until a winner is decided. After the Legends comp, we will go to open track for the night! Remember lights will be required for this!
On Sunday morning, we will open the track at 9:30am. We will again do a drivers meeting with hot track at noon. We will run hot track for a 2 hour period before going to the Clubsport Top 16 battles! We again will battle for a Top 16 winner and awards will be given. After the comp, we will go hot track until 7pm when the event ends.
No driver is required to compete in the competition and not running the competition has no effect on seat time! You can just sign up and not compete!
- D1: Expert - This class is for drivers with many years of experience running tandem and have a fully developed car. Drivers in this class are capable of door-to-door tandems with all cars without issue.
- D2: Advanced - This class is for drivers with many years of experience. Drivers is this class are capable of door-to-door tandems with little to no issues.
- D3: Intermediate - This class is for drivers who are comfortable with drifting solo and are working on tandem with other drivers. Drivers in this class are capable of linking a track without spinning and driving a set line.
- D4: Novice - This class is for drivers learning to drift on track. Drivers in this class are learning to link a track solo without issue.
ExciteGP Series Classes
- Clubsport - Clubsports class is designed for street based vehicles using the original motor available in that chassis. 300tw tire cap and low power make for close driving.
- Legends: Legends class is designed for competition based vehicles using high power motors, lightweight modifications and big sticky tires. This class is the for the fastest cars and drivers.
ExciteGP Series & Track Rules
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ExciteGP drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Must have previous experience with drifting. Even those in novice must have done at least one (1) prior event
- All drivers must use a ExciteGP series banner. All drivers will also be required to display a class number on the front windshield.
- All drivers will be required to have all body work on during the competition portion of the event.
A tentative race day schedule
7:00am Gates Open
9:00am Drivers Meeting
10:00am Practice Sessions (ALL GROUPS)
10:00-10:20 - D1/D2
10:20-10:40 - D3
10:40-11:00 - D4
11:00-11:20 - D1/D2
11:20-11:40 - D3
11:40-12:00 - D4
12:00-12:20 - D1/D2
12:20-12:40 - D3
12:40-1:00 - D4
1:00-1:20 - D1/D2
1:20-1:40 - D3
1:40-2:00 - D4
2:00pm Qualifying (Both Classes + open practice drivers)
2:00-2:20 - D1/D2
2:20-2:40 - D3
2:40-3:00 - D4
3:20-3:40 - D1/D2
3:40-4:00 - D3
4:00-4:20 - D4
4:20pm - 5:20pm Dinner Break / Top 16 announcement
5:20pm Top 16 Legends
7:00pm Night Driving (ALL GROUPS)
10:00pm END DAY 1
9:30am Gates Open
11:30am Drivers Meeting
12:00pm Open Track (ALL GROUPS)
2:00am Clubsport Top 16
4:00pm Open Track (ALL GROUPS)
7:00pm END EVENT