About this event
NOTE NEW RALLY DATE !!!
11 JULY, 2015
DFW MAP RALLY.....a "shortest-distance" roadrally
Not who is the quickest, but who is the smartest...
A FUN ROADRALLY FOR STREET-LEGAL CARS
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country in Ellis County in Texas. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Speed is not a factor.
- Rally Day: Saturday, July 11, 2015
- Starting Place: Al Lamb's Dallas Honda, 9250 LBJ Freeway. Dallas, TX 75243. Just come in and register. You will be given odo check instructions, which will take you to the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) hangar at the Lancaster Regional Airport in Ellis County. Note: you must follow our directions to get there.
- Registration opens at 9:00am on Rally Day (time may be adjusted).
- At the end of the odo check, you will receive your maps and your instructions for finding the dozen or so locations in Ellis County that you have to locate, and then visit.
- Take one hour to determine your route from maps provided. No electronic aids or extra maps permitted here.
- Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1 minute intervals). First car out could be as early as 11:30. You must check in at the control at the exit to the CAF facility, to have your time and mileage recorded.
- Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 2-1/2 hours in time
- Finish: at the Rockett Cafe & Club in Rockett, TX.
- Rally type: Shortest distance rally. SCCA calls this a GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally.
- Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter stretches of unpaved road. There are reasonable routes that are entirely paved.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies). GPS and other electronic aids welcome in any class.
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Cars built before 1940 will get a little extra time.
- Rally Fee: $25.00 SCCA Members: $5.00 discount. Preregistration at msreg.us/DMR15msr is highly encouraged. Those who preregister will receive the rally "General Instructions" a few days before rally day via email. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rallymaster: John Poulos.
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
Those preregistered will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
See the rally flier here .
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 50,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to ascertain a route that visits 12 or so pre-selected locations in the shortest distance. Then drive that route at legal speeds and get to the finish within an alloted time.
This is the second event in the 2015 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and counts for points in the National SCCA RoadRally Championship, under Sanction Number 2015-RG-41-02.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rallytime
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration. Every adult in the car must sign a "Release and Waiver of Liability" form at registration.