About this event
NEW DATE due to rain - Sunday, 5/15
PCA Chesapeake’s Tour & Rally Committee is pleased to offer its second Eastern Shore tour this year, before the summer crowds flock to the beaches. But this time we will not simply stay within Maryland. We will head to coastal Delaware, where we will have lunch at one of the many wonderful restaurants in the Rehoboth Beach area.
This Delmarva Tour will start east of the Bay Bridge and proceed on a scenic route made up mostly of enjoyable back roads that most visitors to the tristate peninsula do not use or know.
The group lunch, as usual, will be optional. Afterwards, attendees will be on their own. They could head to the BEACHES in Rehoboth, Lewes, Dewey, Bethany or Ocean City. Or go SHOPPING in the charming downtown areas of these various resort towns. Or proceed to Rehoboth’s Tanger OUTLETS. Remember, there is no sales tax in Delaware.
This tour will be a limited-capacity event. If you’re interested, REGISTER ASAP!
WHEN and WHERE
- When: May 145 2022, Sunday, weather permitting
- Assembly time: 10:00 AM; drivers’ meeting 10:15; departure of first group of cars 10:30
- Assembly point: The Eastern Shore address will be sent to registrants via e-mail before event.
- Route: From the Chesapeake Bay area of Maryland to the Atlantic coast area of Delaware
- Finish line: Restaurant parking lot, near Rehoboth Beach
- Lunch venue: To be determined with new rain date
- Lunch: To be determined, it's possible that registrants will be asked to pre-order their food via e-mail depending on venue.
- Registration will open here at 1 PM on April 23rd and close at 1 PM on May 4th.
- PCA members and their guests must be registered and confirmed to join this event.
- Drivers must be adult PCA members with a valid driver’s license.
- Fee $5 per adult; maximum fee $10 per car; minors (17 and younger) free.
- Tour documents will be sent to confirmed registrants by May 6th via e-mail.
- From April 23th to April 30th, PCA Chesapeake members who sign up will be given priority. From May 1st to May 4th, confirmations or wait-listing will be provided regardless of regional affiliation. All interested PCA members should register ASAP. Remember: first-come, first-served.
(Photo by Aniano Arao)