About this event
The Novice and Advanced Groups for this event are full, and we are not accepting any more registrations from novice or advanced drivers. (Novice drivers are those who have participated in 0-2 track days. Advanced have 6+ days of experience.) We invite your to join us at a future SCCA track day.
Our next event is a full day of track driving and Track Trials at Blackhawk Farms Raceway on Monday, July 21. We're holding a charity event at the Autobahn South Course on August 13. TrackFest, takes place the weekend of August 26-27, and our final track day of the year, Sept. 8, both at Autobahn.
There are still a few places open in the Intermediate group (drivers with 3-5 track days). Instructors are welcome to register at any time.
For this event, we’ll be driving on the Autobahn North Course – a 1.46-mile circuit with a nine turns and two straights designed to test your abilities. There will be three run groups divided by experience: novice (0-2 track days), intermediate (3-5 track days), and advanced (6+ track days). Each run group is scheduled to have three 20-minute sessions; the schedule may be adjusted in response to changing conditions.
The fee for SCCA members is $145; for nonmembers, $160. Not a member? You can join now at scca.com.
Run group assignments are made by SCCA staff after you register. Please provide information about any autocross and non-SCCA track driving experience so you can be assigned to the correct run group.
Check-in on event day begins at 2:30 p.m. There is a mandatory drivers’ meeting at 4, and on-track activities start at 5.
This event is sponsored by Heidts Automotive Group, a supplier of hot rod and muscle-car parts based in Lake Zurich, Ill.
CHICAGO REGION, SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. PRESENTS
Level I Time Trial (PDX) July 8, 2017, at Autobahn Country Club Joliet, Ill., NORTH TRACK
Member, pre-registered: $145
Member, at the track: $195
Nonmember (includes $15 weekend membership): $160
Nonmember, at the track: $210
All participants are required to be SCCA members. Anyone who does not have an annual or weekend membership on their person will be required to purchase a weekend membership on site.
Pertinent dates for this event (all dates 2017):
Opening date for receipt of entries: 12:01 AM CDT -- March 31
Early registration discount ($10) expires: 11:59 PM CDT -- April 7
Online registration closes: 11:59 PM CDT -- July 6
Cancellation fee is $10 until 11:59 PM CDT July 6; after that time, the cancellation fee is $50.
Entry fee will not be refunded after 11:59 PM CDT, July 6; instead it will be credited toward future track events.
Registration and technical inspection 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Mandatory drivers' meeting 4:00 p.m.
On-track activities commence 5:00 p.m.
Debrief and summary session after last checkered flag
- Level I Time Trial (PDX) May 26, 2017, at Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL.
- Time Trial Sanction No: 17-TDPDX-5116-S
- This event is organized by the Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc., (SCCA), and will be held under the current SCCA Time Trial Rules and official updates, except as modified by these Supplemental Regulations.
- Name and address of organizers: Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc., 921 Lawn Circle, Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
- Chief Steward: Jack Novak
Safety Steward: George Laws
Chief Registrar: Linda Novak
Chief Driving Instructor: Erik Vandermey
- This is a Level 1 Time Trial Event. All drivers must be 16 years of age and possess a current valid driver's license issued by his or her state of residence. Drivers under 18 must have a notarized SCCA minor annual waiver (Form SCCA Minor Notary 1068) on file at the SCCA National Office.
- Registration for this event is online only at www.MotorsportReg.com. Emails will not be accepted as entries. If you cannot register online, contact the registrar for a printable form. Fill out the entire form and mail it with your payment by check to the registrar.
- The registrar for this event is: Linda Novak
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
- All drivers need to present a completed tech sheet and your helmet to registration at the event. Once the tech sheet is certified, you will be given a car number sticker to place on your vehicle's windshield. This number will allow you to get on the track. NOVICE DRIVERS: You will need to present your tech sheet and your car to the technical inspector.
- Other information
- Drivers may be held responsible for damages to property, including track and environmental damage.
- When entering the track from the pits, drivers must keep their cars to the left of the blend line until it ends. When leaving the pits, scrubbing of tires is not permitted until past the end of the blend line.
- All convertibles must have a factory recognized rollover structure or SCCA GCR legal rollover protection, unless approved prior to the event.
- All participants must have a Snell M-2005 or better helmet. Loaner helmets may be available at the event.
- PDX groupings and speed limits will be determined by the Chief Driving Instructor.
Below are the Autobahn Country Club track rules. They are considered part of these supplementary regulations, and are enforceable as such.
Facilities Rules and Regulations
Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to impose certain rules and regulations for the Circuit, and Lessee agrees to enforce these rules and regulations throughout the duration of the Event. These rules and regulations include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) Road Course Access. Under no circumstances shall any Participant access the road course in any vehicle unless specifically authorized by, and under the control of, Lessee as part of the Event activities. Unauthorized driving shall be considered grounds for removal of the driver and the vehicle from the premises for the entire Event and for the driver’s exclusion from future events.
(b) Alcoholic Beverages. No alcoholic beverages may be brought on site without the written consent of Autobahn Circuit. No alcoholic beverages will be permitted in the pit or main paddock areas until 30 minutes after the end of the final event of each day. Lessee and its Participants (and families or guests) shall comply with all state and local liquor laws.
(c) Minibikes, Dirt Bikes and Four Wheelers. The use of unlicensed vehicles such as minibikes, four-wheelers and dirt bikes shall be restricted to their use as service vehicles for competitors and shall only be used in the paddock area. Only licensed drivers shall use such vehicles. Children are specifically forbidden to ride such vehicles in the paddock or in any of the public areas. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to further restrict the use of these vehicles if, in the sole discretion of Autobahn Circuit, such use is in any way a danger or annoyance to other persons. No vehicles shall be ridden or driven by any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to remove any person who is in violation of this rule from the premises for the duration of the Event and to forbid their attendance at future events.
(d) Pets. All pets must be kept on a leash at all times, and all pet waste must be removed and disposed of.
(e) Times of Operation. Unless otherwise noted, the operational hours for the Circuit will be as follows: As noted in schedule.
(f) Quiet Periods. No racing or unmuffled engines may be run outside of the designated times as noted in Section 19(e).
(g) Campfires. No campfires will be allowed at the Circuit.
(h) Minors and Children. All minors and children must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
(i) Electricity and RV Hook-up. Participants (and families or guests) are prohibited from using any Circuit electrical and waste hook-up facilities unless consented to by Autobahn Circuit, and the use of such facilities may be subject to a separate fee.
(j) Additional Regulations. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to impose additional rules and regulations at any time. Such additional rules and regulations shall be provided in writing to Lessee who shall consider them to be part of this Agreement.