About this event
Now you can register for an annual racing number on motorsportreg!
The F.A.Q. is on the next page to answer your questions about the annual numbers.
This is NOT an SCCA weekend Membership.
Numbers in the range 1-199 are reserved for long-time competitors at the discretion of the membership chair.
Q. What is a Cal Club Autocross annual nubmer?
A. An annual nubmer provides a number of benefits:
- The ability to accumulate points toward the year-end championship competition
- An "annual" car number for the year (no taping 6xx numbers to your paint)
- Guaranteed entry into Sunday Championships (for those times we run out of 6xx numbers reserved for non-points card holders)
- Priority entry into some practices (this is up to the club hosting the practice)
- No gate fee
Q. How do I purchase a new annual nubmer?
A. Check to see if the number you want is available on the Annual Number Listings, then enter it on the next page. If it was used in 2020 it is not available until 1/15/2021.
Q. How long is a Cal Club Autocross annual nubmer valid?
- An annual nubmer is valid from date purchased until end of calendar year it was purchased
If you are a NEW member AND it is purchased after September 30 in the correct and valid annual nubmer link (i.e. to use the number in Oct, Nov and Dec 2020 and 2021 whole year, you need to purchase the number in the 2021 annual number link, not the 2020 annual number link), it will be valid until the end of the following calendar year it was purchased (i.e. 10/2019 - 12/2020). Thus you get 3 months free by buying early.
- An annual nubmer expires at the end of the year but subsequently put ON HOLD until 1/1/2021. The member has until 2 weeks after that to renew it. If at that time the card is not renewed, then the status of the card becomes AVAILABLE to the public.
Q. Can I reserve a Cal Club Autocross annual number before paying?
A. Annual numbers are NOT put on hold/reserve by request for anyone
Q. Do I need to join SCCA to get an annual nubmer?
A. Technically no, but you will NOT be able to compete in our events since SCCA membership is required.
Q. Do SCCA members need an annual nubmer to compete for points or recieve year end awards?
A. Yes. While an SCCA membership will provide you some of the benefits of a Cal Club Autocross annual nubmer, it will not allow you to compete for points. Points are tracked by car number, so without the annual number, you will not be able to compete for points.
Q. Do I have to join a club to get an annual nubmer?
A. No. You may choose no club if you do not wish to join a club.
Q. When will I receive my annual nubmer?
A. Annual nubmers are no longer mailed out as they are not required at registration (only driver's license and SCCA membership card. As long you are registered online, your name will appear on the list.