About this event
NOTE: "SATURDAY ONLY" ENTRIES ARE SOLD OUT. YOU CAN STILL REGISTER FOR BOTH DAYS OR SUNDAY ONLY.
Buttonwillow is a great track with lots of twists and turns to challenge drivers of all levels. The weather this time of year will be perfect for putting down some great lap times!
We will run the full track, configuration 13 CW, which includes the Bus Stop on the back section. This will level the playing field a bit between the high horsepower cars and the smaller, lighter cars.
Our Run Groups:
- Novice TT Group: Passing only on straights and only with a point-by. This is for people with less than 10 track days or who think they would be uncomfortable with less restrictive passing. Classroom sessions included.
- Intermediate TT Group: Passing is allowed anywhere on track but only with a point-by. This is for people who have about 10 to 20 track days.
- Advanced TT Group: This is for people with 20-plus track days or race school experience. SAFE passing allowed anywhere on the track, point bys recommended.
- Race: Wheel to wheel racing action. Experienced drivers only!
Saturday Night dinner at the Willow Ranch, 7 PM or so. Bench racing, tall tale telling, great food and friends!
Accommodations - Vagabond Inn Ask them for the Alfa Romeo club rate of $45.99 single, $49.99 double.
AROSC - Taking it to the track since 1972!
Quick summary of required safety equipment:
Required Safety Equipment:
All Time Trial & HPDE cars require:
- Factory seat belt in good working order.
- Snell 2010 or better helmet.
- Gloves - Leather or Nomex. No holes or synthetic materials.
- Natural fiber clothing extending from neck to wrist & ankles.
- Convertibles: Must have Roll bars extending 2” above top of helmet. “Factory” or “street” bars acceptable for HPDE & Solo groups only.
Additional safety equipment requirements, Intermediate/Point-by Time Trial cars:
- Five point harness if car is 1999 or older, or heavily modified.
Additional safety equipment requirements, Advanced/Open Passing Time Trial and Race cars:
- Five point harness.
- Fire extinguisher
- Nomex driving suit (Race only).
- Full cage (6 pt min) (Race only).
- Arm Restraints, open cars (Race only)
Please refer to the AROSC Self Tech form for complete tech & safety information.