About this event
Welcome to The Buckeye Miata Club (BMC) Autocross event. Our purpose is to allow drivers of ALL capabilities to gain a better understanding of the capabilities of their cars (and to have some safe FUN!!!). Our events are open to non-members, and to all cars. Feel free to invite others to come out and have some fun!
Please plan to arrive at the site by 8:00am in order to assist with course setup and to stay until 4:30-5pm for tear down and loading the trailer. It is expected that each driver (members and non-members) help in these activities as well as their work assignments. We recommend that you wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothes; be prepared for any kind of weather (yes we race in the rain) and bring water to drink. You may want to bring some light gloves (Mechanix, Jersey, or the like) to protect your hands during setup and tear down. We normally continue racing through the lunch time, and typically have Dan's Deli available for you during breaks. During events where Dan's Deli is not available you're welcome to leave on your break or pack a lunch, there are several places within 5 miles of CRP to eat. Please note that alcohol is not permitted on site for both safety and insurance reasons.
Feel free to bring guests that wish to watch or even jump in the passenger seat for a ride due to COVID-19 protocol we're limiting guests to one per registered driver until further notice.
Schedule: 7am-9:00am: Course setup, registration, technical inspection and course walking 9:15am: MANDATORY Drivers meeting 9:30am-~4:30pm: Racing! When not racing, each driver will be given a work assignment.
**Two driver cars are OK, you can register for both drivers at once. All drivers must have a valid driver’s license. You will be required to sign a liability waiver. Passengers are permitted, but must be at least 12 years of age. Spectators are permitted, but are asked to stay behind the safety line. All spectators and passengers must also sign a waiver. Anyone under the age of 18 must also have legal guardian sign a minor waiver before they can enter.
The entry fee is – BMC members - $30 per driver Non members - $35 per driver Passengers/Spectators - FREE (but need a wristband)
The worksheet to determine your class can be found on our website. BMC CLASSING DOCUMENTS
- Please class your vehicle BEFORE registering by clicking here >>> BMC CLASSING DOCUMENTS
- We must have car make, model, year, and color in your entry, make sure all fields are complete.
- Helmets are required, MUST be at least DOT rated but Snell is preferred.
BMC is excited to begin our season on June 7 at Circleville Raceway Park, and have been working on developing procedures to hold efficient events while still maintaining proper Covid-19 guidelines from leading health organizations.
For our 2020 season, we will be following the below protocols:
1) BMC requests that entrants check their own temperature before attending our event, and to please stay home if you have a fever, have been sick in the past 14 days, or have been in contact with anyone who has been sick the past 14 days and plan to attend an even later in the calendar year.
2) BMC asks that you limit your guests in attendance to the event to the minimum possible to prevent an excess gathering.
3) BMC encourages all attendees to have a mask during the event. BMC will not be providing any masks.
4) Vehicle Tech inspection will be a hands free check of the vehicle with tech inspectors asking you to support checking the vehicle such as fluid levels, lug nuts, seat belts, etc. Tech inspectors will also ask drivers/passengers to show helmets to make sure it is DOT approved. NO LOANER helmets will be provided by BMC.
5) BMC will be using online registration for our upcoming events. We will be limiting the number of drivers to 60 to reduce crowds. As regulations subside we will open the event to more drivers. Waivers will still need to be signed by all attendees, with new pens being provided each attendee to prevent cross contamination. Cash will still be accepted, but we request that you bring exact change to the event to prevent any cross contamination.
6) Drivers meeting will happen in the paddock by use of PA system/bullhorn. Please remember to maintain a 6-foot distance between other attendees during the meeting.
7) BMC asks that attendees try to maintain a 6-foot spacing while in the paddock, on course or at corner worker stations.
8) Community water coolers will NOT be provided for the 2020 season due to the high contact from multiple people. Please plan to bring your own water/coolers to all events.
9) Passengers/Ride Alongs will be allowed, however we ask that all passengers/drivers wear a mask while in the car together. A closed face helmet with visor down will suffice as a mask. Passenger seats should also be disinfected between different passengers. No masks or disinfectant will be provided by BMC for this use.
10) Corner workstations will have alcohol wipes included at each station so that Radios and flags can be wiped down in between sessions. When going to your station please sanitize your radio or flag that you will be using for that session.
11) During the event, please remember to wash your hands frequently. Circleville Raceway will continue to have its facilities on site, but bringing your own sanitizer is also highly suggested for your personal use.
We thank you for your understanding and hope that we can all work together to ensure the success of our events for all participants.
Please direct questions to BMCautocross@gmail.com