About this event
BSCC 2021 - February Practice
Hi everyone! We hope you all had a nice holiday season. Welcome to the start of the 2021 BSCC season!
Due to the ongoing public health situation, we are continuing in a practice only format for at least the start of the 2021 season. The intent of this is to allow participants to stay home if they are not feeling well without the conflicting interest of losing out on points in their competitive class. While this does suck to not have competitive classes, we feel it is an appropriate and important step we can take as a club to keep everyone as safe as possible.
You will recognize the same boiler plate as last year below, but there have been a few updates which are highlighted in PINK
Please read and understand the following changes from our normal event structure. (Some of these changes may be relaxed later in the summer depending on the situation at that time)
- Participants only on site at this time per Washington State Motorsports exemption. No spectators.
- All events will be a practice format, No car classes and no timing cards.
- We are going to attempt to record and provide run times this year for all participants, even though the events (at least for now) are all essentially practices. We will be assigning numbers to you in grid (via index cards right now), that will allow you to look up your times on our local timing network and web-landing page. No need to have vehicle numbers installed at this time.
No on-site registration will be available. All payment and registration is through motorsportsreg at this time.
- Online registration will be open through the morning of the event.
- Refunds will be available up to and including the day of the event, no questions asked. If you do not feel well or do not feel comfortable attending, please stay home.
- No on-site waivers will be available! We are using "Speedwaiver" (see link below) through motorsportsreg, which you will need to complete before arriving at the site.
- Waiver check will still be just inside the gate. Please stop and allow the volunteer to check your e-waiver, drivers license, and assign you your run group for the day.
- Minimum driver experience level of 5 autocross events. (We are unable to provide instructors to new drivers at this time)
- Masks or a mouth and nose covering will be required on site at all times except for when driving.
- Hand sanitizer will be available near the timing trailer and restrooms.
- No loaner helmets will be available on site. Please plan accordingly and bring a valid helmet. (Snell 2005, 2010, 2015, 2020)
Co-driving or dual driving of a single vehicle is permitted in two cases
- Drivers are members of the same household
- Co-drivers are from different households but agree to be paired for the entire event (no driving multiple vehicles)
- Tech inspection will either be a self tech as directed by an event worker; or a physical distance enforced tech where the participant is to stand away from their vehicle.
- Course walks will be independent, with the exception of members of the same household or paired co-drivers. Please stagger and keep an appropriate distance from your fellow racers during the course walk.
- The drivers meeting will be held in a distributed fashion with appropriate distance maintained. (we will turn the PA system up!)
- Work assignments will be assigned on site after the drivers meeting.
- Corner captain radios are yours for the day, but will be sanitized between morning and afternoon for good measure. We will lay them out on the trailer door rather than hand them to you.
- Gloves of some kind are recommended for course workers to minimize the risk of transmission from cones. As a side benefit, yours hands won't get as dirty from working course!
- There will not be a food vendor available on site, so please bring a lunch and water with you to the site.
- Event teardown will be handled by core BSCC personnel. As much as we love help with putting the gear away, we need participants to leave directly after the event.
- Gates Open 7:00am
- Tech Inspection: 7:30 am – 8:30am
- Morning Drivers Meeting: 9:00am
- First car out: ~9:15am
We'll divide drivers into two groups (Run 1st/Work 2nd and Run 2nd/Work 1st) - we estimate the morning session will last about 2 hours (TBD based on attendance) - everyone will run for approximately 1 hour and work for approximately 1 hour.
LUNCH BREAK ~1 hr:
- Afternoon Drivers Meeting: 1:00 PM
- First car out: ~1:20PM
- Wrap Up: 5:00pm usually, or until we run out of daylight
- Please consult the BSCC website for car set up tech requirements
- All helmets must be rated Snell 2005 or newer rated. No loaner helmets will be available due to Covid 19 mitigation efforts.
- You must have valid driver license to attend this event.
- You must have a minimum experience level of 5 autocross events to register and attend.
- You must have a 2021 BSCC membership, which can be purchased along with the event registration.
- You must sign the new electronic "Speedwaiver" to be let onto the site on race day. There will be no on-site waiver.
- For more information, please fill in a contact form at https://www.bscc.net/contact-bscc