About this event
The Autocross Series is open to Boston Chapter BMW CCA members. If you are not a member of the Boston Chapter BMW CCA, you may join for only $58 per year. If you are a BMW CCA member, you may add the Boston Chapter to your current membership. You do not have to own a BMW to be a member of the BMW CCA.
All events are held at Moore Airfield in Ayer, Massachusetts (entrance at 90 Fitchburg Rd., Ayer, MA).
Schedule: This is an all-day event with two running sessions and two working sessions. Please do NOT sign up if you cannot stay the full day.
- Gates Open: 7:00 AM
- Tech Inspection: 7:15 - 8:00 AM
- Drivers Meeting: 8:00 AM
- Course Walk: after the Drivers Meeting
- First Car Off: 9:00 AM
- Event concludes: between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM
You must sign the Speedwaiver prior to the event, the link will be emailed out in the DOE (day of event) email and can be accessed here: https://bostonbmwccaax.speedwaiver.com/kaqjd
New Procedures for Covid 19: Boston BMW CCA Covid 19 Protocols V.4.docx
We will not be able to allow First-Timers until the COVID 19 protocols are lifted. First-timers are defined as anyone with less than 5 autocross events. We do apologize and hope that we can get back to welcoming everyone back soon.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will comply with any and all state issued travel restrictions. Here is the link to the State's website: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order for full details.
All participants must classify their cars before registering for this event:
- Read the Autocross Classing Rules: Autocross Classes
- Access the online classification system here: Classification
- Complete the IMF Form (Please email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have any issues accessing the classification system, please contact email@example.com
Please also read the Autocross Policies & Rules here: Boston BMW CCA Autocross
Click here to add BMW CCA Boston Chapter Autocross to your account.
Cost: $60 (Payment is required when registering - cash or checks are not accepted).
Payments are processed upon close of registration. Credit will be issued if you cancel prior to registration closing. Credit is good for that one calendar year. If you cancel AFTER the close of registration, or you do not show up, no refund or credit will be given.
Licensed drivers 16 years old or older are welcome to participate in our driving events. All participants, guests, and spectators 16 or older must sign the waiver of liability form. Everyone under 16 must have a parent or guardian sign a release form at the site. The forms are signed when you enter the gate at the autocross site.
Please note that no one under 16 is allowed as a passenger. Backseat passengers are not allowed. Also, only registered drivers are allowed out on course, guests must stay in the paddock area. Children and dogs must be attended at all times.
BMW CCA Membership
You must be an active BMW CCA member to participate in our driving events and Motorsportreg.com will verify your member number automatically. Please follow this link to join if you are not a BMW CCA member or you need to renew: BMW CCA. If you are a BMW CCA member, you may add the Boston Chapter to your current membership.
If you do not receive your membership card prior to the event you are signed up for, you must bring a print-out of your sign-up receipt with you to the gate.
Proxy drivers are not allowed. By signing up for this event, you are guaranteeing that YOU are the driver who will be attending the event. You may not register yourself and have some other person attend the event in your place. If you do, the person at the event will be immediately removed and you will be blacklisted from attending future autocross events.
Driver numbers are unique and held for 3 years. If you are new with BMW CCA Autocross, the registrar must approve your number. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Tech Inspection Checklist
- Your car must be in good condition and it must pass the on-site technical inspection to participate in the event. Vehicles are allowed to run at the sole discretion of the Autocross Chair.
- A tech inspection good for the whole season is available. This season long inspection is attractive to many drivers but is voluntary. All drivers who want an Annual Tech Inspection sticker must submit a completed IMF (Inspection and Modification Form). Random tech inspections will be performed for cars with the Tech Inspection sticker.
- Please note that BMW drivers competing for season points must submit the completed IMF prior the season end.
Verify all of the following conditions are met before arriving at the event:
Helmet - must be with your car for Tech Inspection
- Each driver must wear a helmet. The helmet must be rated Snell M2015 (or later) or Snell SA2015 (or newer).
- Non-compliant helmets will be confiscated and returned at the end of the day.
- A limited number of loaner helmets are available. (temporarily suspended due to COVID)
- Motor mounts solid.
- Battery securely mounted.
- No cracked hoses, belts tight.
- No oil, gas, antifreeze, hydraulic, or other fluid leaks.
- Throttle must be free with no binding.
- Brake fluid reservoir must be full, no dirty brake fluid
Wheels and Suspension
- Tires must have adequate tread; no cracks, blisters, or cords showing.
- Lug nuts must be torqued to spec.
- Hubcaps must be removed.
- Wheel bearings must not show excessive play and must be properly adjusted.
- Solid brake pedal feel with no bleed down.
- Seat belts must not frayed or cut.
- All loose items removed from interior, storage compartments, glove box, and trunk.
- Numbers must be affixed to both sides of the car, be at least 8” and a different color from the car. Numbers must be able to be read by the Course Workers. We prefer the numbers to be affixed to the body panels; not the windows.
We will be using a sound meter at multiple locations each event and each run group. The determination of whether a car is excessively loud is at the discretion of the Autocross Chair and Tech Chief. If your car is deemed over the limit, you will be asked to muffle the sounds in order to reduce its level or leave the event.
All autocross registrants are required to work their assigned position. You will be required to work twice in one day.