Boston BMW CCA Autocross - Advanced Test and TuneDevens Airfield
About this event
We very happy to announce that we will run a Test and Tune for Advanced Drivers only on Sunday June 3rd. This is by far the most fun, bang for your buck on the runways.
After the first event in April whet your appetite for an exciting season, this event will provide you with tons of seat time to really make sure all that winter rust is gone!
In order to participate you must have 2 or more years of autocross experience.
- The event has limited registration to ensure tons of runs for each driver.
- Unlimited runs on both a 30-second timed course and multiple practice elements.
- You get more seat time in your car during the day than any other event we host.
- You can jump in your friends cars.
- You and your friends can switch cars!
$95 entry fee. Registration is limited to about 60 people.
The Autocross Series is open to Boston Chapter BMW CCA members. If you are not a member of the Boston Chapter BMW CCA, you may join for only $48 per year. If you are a BMW CCA member, you may add the Boston Chapter to your current membership. You do not have to own a BMW to be a member of the BMW CCA. Click here to add BMW CCA Boston Chapter Autocross to your account.
All events are held at Moore Airfield in Ayer, Massachusetts (entrance at 90 Fitchburg Rd., Ayer, MA).
Schedule: This is an all-day event with two running sessions and two working sessions. Please do NOT sign up if you can not stay the full day.
- Gates Open: 7:00 AM
- Tech Inspection: 7:15 - 8:00 AM
- Drivers Meeting: 8:00 AM
- Course Walk: after the Drivers Meeting
- First Car Off: 9:00 AM
- Event concludes: between 4:30 PM and 5:00 PM
If you have any questions about this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also read the 2018 Season Policies & Rules here: Boston BMW CCA Autocross
Cost: $95 (Payment is required when registering - cash or checks are not accepted).
Payments are processed upon close of registration. Credit will be issued if you cancel prior to registration closing. Credit is good for that one calendar year. If you cancel AFTER the close of registration, or you do not show up, no refund or credit will be given.
Licensed drivers 16 years old or older are welcome to participate in our driving events. All participants, guests, and spectators 16 or older must sign the waiver of liability form. Everyone under 16 must have a parent or guardian sign a release form at the site. The forms are signed when you enter the gate at the autocross site.
BMW CCA Membership
You must be an active BMW CCA member to participate in our driving events and Motorsportreg.com will verify your member number automatically. Please follow this link to join if you are not a BMW CCA member or you need to renew: BMW CCA. If you are a BMW CCA member, you may add the Boston Chapter to your current membership.
If you do not receive your membership card prior to the event you are signed up for, you must bring a print-out of your sign-up receipt with you to the gate.
Proxy drivers are not allowed. By signing up for this event, you are guaranteeing that YOU are the driver who will be attending the event. You may not register yourself and have some other person attend the event in your place. If you do, the person at the event will be immediately removed and you will be blacklisted from attending future autocross events.
Tech Inspection Checklist
- Your car must be in good condition and it must pass the on-site technical inspection to participate in the event. Vehicles are allowed to run at the sole discretion of the Autocross Chair.
- A tech inspection good for the whole season is available. This season long inspection is attractive to many drivers but is voluntary. All drivers who want an Annual Tech Inspection sticker must submit a completed IMF (Inspection and Modification Form). Random tech inspections will be performed for cars with the Tech Inspection sticker.
- Please note that BMW drivers competing for season points must submit the completed IMF prior the season end.
Verify all of the following conditions are met before arriving at the event:
Helmet - must be with your car for Tech Inspection
- Each driver must wear a helmet. The helmet must be rated Snell M2010 (or later) or Snell SA2010 (or newer).
- Non-compliant helmets will be confiscated and returned at the end of the day.
- A limited number of loaner helmets are available.
- Motor mounts solid.
- Battery securely mounted.
- No cracked hoses, belts tight.
- No oil, gas, antifreeze, hydraulic, or other fluid leaks.
- Throttle must be free with no binding.
- Brake fluid reservoir must be full, no dirty brake fluid
Wheels and Suspension
- Tires must have adequate tread; no cracks, blisters, or cords showing.
- Lug nuts must be torqued to spec.
- Hubcaps must be removed.
- Wheel bearings must not show excessive play and must be properly adjusted.
- Solid brake pedal feel with no bleed down.
- Seat belts must not frayed or cut.
- All loose items removed from interior, storage compartments, glove box, and trunk.
We will be using a sound meter at multiple locations each event and each run group. The determination of whether a car is excessively loud is at the discretion of the Autocross Chair and Tech Chief. If your car is deemed over the limit, you will be asked to muffle the sounds in order to reduce its level or leave the event.
All autocross registrants are required to work their assigned position. You will be required to work twice in one day.