About this event
Autocross Practice #1
April 10, 2021
The Boeing Employees Autosports Club (BEAC*) will hold the first autocross practice of the year on April 10, 2021.
- Full day: $53
- Half day: $43
(includes $3 online processing fee)
Participation in the practice is limited to:
- Full-time employees of The Boeing Company, their spouses and dependents
- Current BEAC members
- Invited guests
- All new registrations are initially wait-listed while we confirm your eligibility to participate.
- All invited guests must have a Boeing employee or BEAC member sponsor present at the event. Due to insurance purposes, we must limit the number of guests to maintain a required ratio of Boeing Employees/Members to guests.
- Each participant must register individually for the event.
Please note the additional restrictions and requirements for this event in place due to COVID-19:
- You must bring your own helmet. There are no loaner helmets available. Your helmet must be compliant with the 2010, 2015, or 2020 Snell Foundation standards (SA, K, or M), or SFI standards 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A. Helmets meeting British spec BS6658-85 type A/FR are also acceptable. Your helmet must have the manufacture certification tag to be acceptable. These are the only allowed helmets.
- Pre-registration and payment is required.
- There are no BEAC bucks accepted for this event.
- You must bring your own hand sanitizer and your own face mask/face covering.
- You must agree to follow social distancing guidelines.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 you will stay home.
- No in-car instruction is available unless instructor and student are part of the same household.
Practice days are casual autocross* days for BEAC Members, Boeing Employees and BEAC member invited guests. Practices are non-competitive events for people to have fun, be safe and practice their skills and car set-up. All runs are timed using BEAC timing equipment. On a typical full day of participation, the average participant can expect anywhere from 10 - 20 runs depending on conditions. Practices are made possible through the help of EVERYONE. These days are only made possible by EVERYBODY pitching in to help setup and teardown.
AM Session Schedule:
- 7:00 - Begin setup
- 7:30 - Gates open (attended): During this time you need to register with the event host, sign waivers (for non-members and guests), HELP SET-UP THE COURSE and other preparations first! If the gate is closed, we'll keep an eye out for you, so just wait at the gate. We have to keep it locked or attended at all times.
- 8:30 - Gates close: The gates will be locked, so please make sure you arrive by this time.
- 9:00 - Please continue to help set-up the course and do your course walks. After set-up is complete, prep your car and tech-inspections will begin
- 9:30 - First car on course
- 12:00 - Break for lunch. (Up to 3 lunch time runs will be allowed, you must pick-up your own cones).
PM Session Schedule:
- 12:00 - Gate open for PM-only participants
- 12:15 - Registration opens for PM Session. Look for event chair to register.
- 12:30 - Course closed for lunch runs. Course walks and Tech are open.
- 12:45 - Gates close. PM Registration, course walks, tech closed.
- 1:00 - Drivers meeting
- 1:15 - First car on course.
- 3:30 - End PM session and begin teardown.
If you run in the AM session, you MUST help set-up. If you run in the PM session, you MUST help with tear-down. Practices are small events with a limited number of people. We get a lot of runs in, but the tradeoff is that we all must pitch in to help. If you are new to the sport, please plan to arrive around when gates open. This will give you plenty of time help set-up the course and get help with a course walk. Please don't hesitate to ask questions! Practice days are meant to be fun and get you plenty of seat time!
*BEAC is an official Boeing Recreation administered club. Annual dues are $15 (individual), $20 (family).
**”Autocross” is a medium-speed, non-wheel-to-wheel form of motorsports competition in which each car is individually timed through a course laid out on a large paved area using plastic traffic cones. It’s conceptually similar to slalom skiing competition. Average speeds are in the low 40’s (mph), top speeds typically are no more than 60-65.
The views/comments expressed at this website are not necessarily those of The Boeing Company.
- Payment: All participants must provide a valid credit card number at time of registration but you will not be charged until a later date. On April 9, 2021 we will charge your credit card on file.
- Cancelations and refunds: Please read and understand this policy before registering! No refunds will be given for this event. If you are unable to attend because of symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and contact us for possible alternative arrangements.
- New (Waitlist): We have received your registration and are confirming your eligibility to participate and checking on your current membership status.
- On Hold: we are working on some question, or have a question outstanding that needs to be answered; this status can reappear if something requires action by the registrar or event team.
- Confirmed: shows that your registration is valid and has been accepted by the event team.
- You will receive an email notification when your status changes. Be sure to check your Junk Mailbox, just in case the message is routed there.
- Car club membership: Participation in the practice is limited to full-time employess of The Boeing Company, their spouses and dependents, current BEAC members, and invited guests.
- Insurance: You are responsible for your own insurance. Please check with your insurance carrier before registering if you are unsure of your coverage.
- Age and driver's license restrictions: You must be at least 16 years old and in possession of an unrestricted driver's license at the time of the event. For participants under 18 years old, the participant must attend with at least one parent or legal guardian.
- Helmets: All participants are required to wear helmets. Permitted helmets are rated for the 2010, 2015, or 2020 Snell Foundation standards (SA, K, or M), or SFI standards 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A. Helmets meeting British spec BS6658-85 type A/FR are also acceptable. Your helmet must have the manufacture certification tag to be acceptable. These are the only allowed helmets. You must bring your own helmet.
- Renew your BEAC membership for 2021 now:
Unsure if BEAC Membership is current, e-mail: email@example.com .
Open provided BEAC Membership Form and fill-out needed personal inputs.
Print-out copy of filled-out Membership Form and sign your name on page 2.
Scan and e-mail signed Membership Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Go to payment link for BEAC’s PayPal Account: https://www.paypal.me/BEAConline .
Make a payment to BEAC’s PayPal: Family at $20/yr -OR- Individual at $15/yr.
Return signed Membership Form: place in “Drop Box” at event or by US Mail (see top of form for address)