About this event
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for our annual Test & Tune/Open Practice Day at Marina Airport.
- This event is NOT recommended for first timers or inexperienced autocrossers because we won't have our full staff of instructors/coaches available. The spirit of this event is to experiment with car setup to dial in your vehicle's handling dynamics, then test the changes on the two exercises.
- YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF BMWCCA TO SIGN-UP FOR THIS EVENT. If you are not, you may join during registration or join yourself at bmwcca.org.
- LUNCH IS OPTIONAL. If you want us to order you a sandwich, be sure to make your selection on the registration page.
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only.
- Snell 2010 or newer helmets (M or SA) are required for all GGC autocross events. Check the sticker inside your helmet and make sure it is valid. We have a small number of loaners available if you need to borrow a helmet - no charge. If you do not have a 2017 GGC sticker on your helmet, we must inspect it at check-in.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
- DRONES or anything resembling a drone ARE NOT permitted at any GGC Autocross event. Do not bring one, do not ask to fly one.
Join us for our annual Test & Tune/Open test and practice day at Marina. This is an open format event that will run from 8am until 5pm. No run groups or car classes will be assigned, just plenty of opportunity for tuning, practice, and of course fun driving!
We will offer two exercises:
1) Figure 8/Skidpad/Oval (multi-purpose exercise)
2) Mini autocross course (approximately 40s)
The Figure-8 is an excellent exercise to explore over and understeer, skid recovery, throttle and steering smoothness, trail braking, vision, and braking smoothness. It is not for practicing drifting or burn outs - you will be asked to leave if this is your goal for the day!
The mini-course will include various elements you can expect to see during a competition event. The timing equipment will be set up with the display at the finish so you can run the course and see if your tuning and driver tweaks are making you faster.
We will start set up around 0715am and expect to open the test areas by 9am. Any help setting up is always appreciated! Donuts will be provided to fuel the setup crew, so come early, lend a hand, and socialize with your fellow club members.
Upon arrival you will be required to check in at the trailer, sign the waivers, get your helmet checked, and get a wrist band. Only registered participants will be allowed on site - no guests please.
Participants are welcome to come and go throughout the day and run the exercises as much as you want. A note on format: This is a free-form event. No run groups, no guarantee of number of runs. It's simple: get in line, do a run, go back to the end of the line and wait for your next run.Two (or more) driver cars won't have a special lane and won't get rotated in like we do at normal events. Everyone gets in line and waits for a run.
This event is limited to 50 cars.
Licensed drivers 16 years old or older are welcome to participate in our driving events. If you are under 18 years of age, or you bring someone who is, you must have prepared the below waiver IN ADVANCE and bring it with you to attend this event. The confirmation e-mail you receive will also include this link. If you plan on attending more events this season, there are instructions for filling out the form to cover all Autocross events for this season.
IF YOU DO NOT BRING THE COMPLETED WAIVER OR FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE AND WE WILL BE FORCED TO SEND YOU HOME!
You must be an active BMWCCA member to participate in our driving events and Motorsportreg.com will verify your member number automatically. Please follow this link to join if you are not a BMWCCA member or you need to renew:
Alternatively, you may sign up for the BMWCCA as part as the checkout process on this registration. If you do not receive your membership card prior to the event you are signed up for, you must bring a print-out of your sign-up receipt with you to registration.
If the event is sold out, you'll automoatically be placed on the wait list. We will move folks from the wait list as spots open up, and in the order you registered. Your credit card will be charged to secure your spot on the wait list. If we do not get enough cancellations to get you in to the event, we will refund your entry fee (plus sandwich purchase) only. IF YOU ADD A BMWCCA MEMBERSHIP PURCHASE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND FOR THAT EXPENSE IF YOU DO NOT MAKE IT IN TO THE EVENT. WE PASS YOUR MEMBERSHIP PURCHASE REQUEST ON TO NATIONAL ON YOUR BEHALF - AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
We no longer offer deferred payment processing for registration fees. Your credit card will be charged at time of registration. Temporary (one time use) credit card numbers are declined by our payment system, so please use a regular credit or debit card for payment.
A $10 cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel prior to close of registration. You will be issued a credit for the balance you paid, so if you paid $50, you will have a Motorsport Reg credit for $40 to be used at a future GGC autocross event. This credit will expire one year from the date you cancelled. If you cancel AFTER the close of registration, or you do not show up, no refund or credit will be given.
BMWCCA memberships purchased through this registration process will be forwarded to National on your behalf. If you cancel your registration, no refund or credit will be given for your BMWCCA membership purchase.
TECH INSPECTION CHECKLIST
Verify all of the following conditions are met BEFORE arriving at the event. This is a self-tech event. Be sure your car is safe!
- BATTERY IS SECURELY MOUNTED!
- Wheels are safely attached and exhibit no cracks. Wheel nuts/bolts are tightened to the manufacturer’s recommended torque value.
- All loose items are removed from the vehicle. If a video camera is employed, it is securely mounted.
- Tires show no cords, belts, or cracks in the tread or sidewall.
- Seat belts and/or harnesses are properly installed and in good condition.
- Brakes are in good working order, have no leaks under pressure, and have adequate fluid in the master cylinder.
- No fluid leaks (fuel, oil, coolant, power steering fluid, transmission and differential fluids, brake fluid) are present while the vehicle’s engine is running.
- Wheel bearings, steering mechanism, suspension, and shocks are in good operating condition.
- The exhaust is in good working order.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for drivers. No open-toed shoes, sandals, or "flip-flops" are allowed on course.
- Roll bars, if installed, are properly and securely mounted.