About this event
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for Autocross Fun Run Event at Candlestick Park on SUNDAY April 7th, 2013
As of March 23 this event is SOLD OUT - A waitlist is forming, so please register anyway. If you're registered and you cannot make it, please cancel to make room for others. Those on the waitlist will be notified either way some time after NOON on Wednesday 4/3/13.
Registration for our April 20th Season Opener at Marina is also Open: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Join us on SUNDAY 4/7/13 for another fun-run style event! We've been having a lot of pre-season fun this year with non-compete events to help our members deal with autocross withdrawal and prepare for our first regular season competition event in late April. This is a non-compete event where we'll have the timing system running, worker assignments, and organized run groups. This is a great way to see how we roll and learn a lot too.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI. Unlike some other clubs, we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone has the same chance of getting in! You're likely to see a sprinkling of vehicles from Porsche, Mazda, Honda, Lexus, Lotus, even Aston Martin and Corvette!
Click the button below to get signed up!
Questions? Please write us.
Licensed drivers 16 years old or older are welcome to participate in our driving events. If you are under 18 years of age, or you bring someone who is, you must have prepared the below waiver IN ADVANCE and bring it with you to attend this event. The confirmation e-mail you receive will also include this link. If you plan on attending more events this season, there are instructions for filling out the form to cover all 2013 Autocross events.
IF YOU DO NOT BRING THE COMPLETED WAIVER OR FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE AND WE WILL BE FORCED TO SEND YOU HOME!
Alternatively, you may sign up for the BMWCCA as part of the checkout process on this registration. If you do not receive your membership card prior to the event you are signed up for, e-mail us your receipt or bring a print-out with you to registration.
We offer deferred payment processing for registration fees. Your credit card will not be charged until after registration closes. If you wish to cancel, you must cancel online before registration closes to not be charged. Temporary (one time use) credit card numbers are declined by our deferred payment system, so please use a regular credit or debit card for payment.
Deferred payment for BMWCCA memberships purchased through this registration process IS NOT OFFERED. A charge to your credit card will go through prior to close of registration. Your membership is active once we forward your purchase information to National on your behalf. If you cancel your registration, no refund or credit will be given for your BMWCCA membership purchase.
Tech Inspection Checklist
Verify all of the following conditions are met before arriving at the event. Your vehicle will be required to pass an on-site tech inspection.
- Wheels are safely attached and exhibit no cracks. Wheel nuts/bolts are tightened to the manufacturer’s recommended torque value.
- All loose items are removed from the vehicle. If a video camera is employed, it is securely mounted. Remove floor mats if they are not adequately secured to the floor.
- Tires show no cords, belts, or cracks in the tread or sidewall.
- Seat belts and/or harnesses are properly installed and in good condition.
- Brakes are in good working order, have no leaks under pressure, and have adequate fluid in the master cylinder.
- No fluid leaks (fuel, oil, coolant, power steering fluid, transmission and differential fluids, brake fluid) are present while the vehicle’s engine is running.
- Wheel bearings, steering mechanism, suspension, and shocks are in good operating condition.
- The exhaust is in good working order.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory. No open-toed shoes, sandals, or "Flip-Flips" are allowed.
- Roll bars, if installed, are properly and securely mounted.
- Battery is securely mounted.