About this event
COST: $250.00 PER DRIVER
Connecticut Valley Chapter's Autocross & Skid Pad Advanced Car Control Clinic at Lime Rock Park!
THIS SCHOOL IS OPEN ONLY TO BMW CCA MEMBERS, BUT MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL, EVEN IF YOU DON'T OWN A BMW
Come out and join the Connecticut Valley Chapter for a full day Autocross and Skid Pad Car Control Clinic at Lime Rock Park on Friday, April 16, 2021! It’s time to get out and brush the rust off your driving skills. New to autocross? No problem, this is a great opportunity to learn and experience the basics of performance driving under the supervision of season instructors. Current COVID restrictions in place do not allow for in-car instructors; instructors will demonstrate, follow, observe, and provide after-the drive coaching sessions.
The autocross clinic is run on the upper and lower autocross courses. The autocross clinic provides students with the opportunity to learn and practice the same car control techniques used on a race track, just at lower speeds. The autocross clinic also includes coaching and technique advice.
The skid pad clinic is run on a wet skid pad. To get the most benefit from this event, a REAR WHEEL DRIVE car that either has NO traction control, or a factory installed switch that allows the traction control to be turned off is best, but not required. The skid pad clinic will help drivers better understand the point between grip and slip, with in-car instructors providing coaching and technique advice.
Student groups will be divided by experience level and groups will alternate between the skid pad and autocross courses throughout the day. This Advanced Car Control Clinic is a very popular event and fills up fast. This is a great event to warm-up for getting out on the main track the following day at our traditional Driver's School
Following an introductory session at 8:30, we will be out on the skid pad and autocross courses starting at 9:00, wrapping up at 5:00.
Lime Rock's gates open at 7 AM, classroom starts at 8 AM.
Registration is limited to 24 students!
Cost is $250.00 per driver.
Registration closes when the school is full or midnight, Sunday, April 11th whichever comes first.
Important: Email tends to get quicker responses, if calling, please call between 6:00-8:00 pm ONLY
We look forward to seeing you at Lime Rock!
Please review the following rules and requirements for attending our Autocross & Skid Pad Car Control Clinic at Lime Rock. Failure to comply may result in your exclusion from the event and NO REFUND given.
- YOU MUST BE A CURRENT BMW CCA MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCHOOL. You may apply for membership by navigating to https://www.bmwcca.org/ or by calling (864) 250-0022. Either way, you may pay by credit card to obtain your membership number which must be on your application form at registration.
- This is a skid school, run on a skid pad. To get the most benefit from this event, it is best to be driving a REAR WHEEL DRIVE car that either has NO traction control, or a factory installed switch that allows the traction control to be turned off.
- Convertibles and open top vehicles are permitted, however, please note that the skid pad will be wet.
- WE WILL NOT PERFORM A TECH INSPECTION OF YOUR VEHICLE THE MORNING OF THE EVENT. HOWEVER, It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you have the car checked for mechanical soundness by a qualified person prior to the date of the event.
- Entrants must present a valid driver’s license the day of the event. You cannot drive without showing it at registration.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to drive and/or be a passenger in any car on the track. Only entrants/instructors/workers are allowed in a car on the skid pad. Non-participating/non-working event guests are not allowed “rides”.
- All cars must be muffled to meet Lime Rock Park’s regulations. As of March 27 2011, Lime Rock Park is enforcing a 87 dB limit for all cars at BMW events. For information, contact Lime Rock at 860-435-5000.
- Factory seatbelts, street legal harnesses, and 5 or 6-point competition harnesses and 4 point Shroth belts with anti-submarine feature are permitted. 4-point competition harnesses are not permitted. All must have metal-to-metal buckles and be in sound condition. Belts must be mounted using the factory mounting points and/or be mounted per the SCCA General Competition Rules. Equivalent restraints and seats must be provided for driver and passenger. ALL student's cars MUST have a passenger seat for an Instructor.
- CAMERAS: Any camera must be securely mounted and additionally constrained with a safety tether. Mount must be of a design that will not present a safety hazard to any occupant of the vehicle. Hook & loop, Velcro, etc. type fasteners are NOT allowed. Externally mounted cameras are not permitted.
- The driver’s school committee reserves the right to deny entry based upon vehicle type and/or condition at any time, up to and including the day of the event.
- We DO NOT accept walk-ins or substitutes the day of the event.