About this event
One-Day “Join the Experience" BMW Car Club of America Autocross at Bimmerfest hosted by the San Diego Chapter
When: Saturday, May 28, 2016
Where: Auto Club Speedway, Lot 6
This one-day autocross at Bimmerfest West, sponsored by the BMW Car Club is for show attendees interested in participating in a timed competitive event. The autocross is being hosted by the BMW CCA San Diego Chapter and will feature a fast and challenging course, timed runs, competitive classes, and a battle for bragging rights among your friends! Participant's times will be posted throughout the day by class and then posted later online.
And the best part is, each participant receives a one-year BMW CCA membership valued at $48! (New and reinstated members). The membership includes a monthly subscription to Roundel Magazine, discounts on parts and services from participating dealers and companies, and access to hundreds of exclusive social and driving events from coast-to-coast. The BMW CCA is the largest single-marque enthusiast organization in the world! You can learn more at bmwcca.org. Your membership comes with an invitation to join us as we celebrate BMW’s centennial this August in Monterey, CA. Visit celebratebmw.com for more information.
Early registration: $65 from now until May 21 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.
Normal and onsite registration: $75 from May 22 - May 28
A one-year BMW Car Club of America membership is included with your entry fee ($48 value).
New and reinstated members only.
There will be a morning and afternoon session with availability for a total of 100 entries.
50 slots are available in the morning session and 50 slots are available in the afternoon session.
8:15 a.m | Driver’s meeting
8:30 - 8:50 a.m. | Guided course walk
9:00 - 10:00 a.m. | Group A drive / Group B work
10:30 - 11:30 a.m. | Group B drive / Group A work
11:45 a.m. | Driver’s meeting
12:00 - 12:20 p.m. | Guided course walk
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. | Group C drive / Group D work
2:00 - 3:00 p.m. | Group D drive / Group C work
New to autocross?
Check out the autocross FAQ: http://www.sdbmwcca.com/frequently-asked-questions/
Important Details and Requirements
- This event is for non-BMW CCA members attending Bimmerfest who are interested in joining the Club and participating in a exciting day of autocross.
- Snell 2005 or newer helmets are required. We will have some loaner helmets available for those without a helmet.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver's license. If not 18 years of age, participants must have a valid driver's license and notarized minor waiver. The waiver is double sided and must be printed in color.
- Participants will select their car class based on the BMW CCA San Diego Chapter classification system on the following registration page.
- Participants will have to work the course and help pick up cones.
- We will not award trophies, but we will publish the results by class throughout the day and online later.
Your credit card will be immediately charged.
If your credit card has been declined you will have 24 hours to provide a new credit card of your place goes to the next on the waitlist.
No cancelations after May 21, 2016.