About this event
Single car, up to 3 Car Tandems, 2 Layouts
-COVID-19- Due to the current pandemic issue we kindly ask you to limit attendance to the driver and no more then 2 additional persons. We have a 250 person cap and will turn people away. We ask everyone to follow social distancing procedures. We recommend masks when your not driving and or not in your pit area. Lastly if you feel sick or are sick please do everyone a favor and stay home.
This year BMC is proud to host autocrosses, drift events, and road rallies. Please ask about our BMC Rally program - all BMC road rallies are free and open to the public! We want to introduce autocross and drift enthusiasts to another fun type of motorsport with a long, rich history. Email BMCautox@gmail.com for details or talk to any BMC staff volunteer at one of our events.
The folks here at FSD are proud to be a part of the BMC family and we are hoping to provide quality drift events for the Delmarva region. From this point forward, registration and payment will be handled through MotorsportReg. If you have any questions regarding future events or rules, please email Firststatedrift@gmail.com. All events are scheduled for Saturday unless noted otherwise. Rain dates will be scheduled when possible.
Drift Registration Fees:
Entry – BMC Yearly Member $110
Entry – Non-member $120 (includes 1-day BMC membership)
Entry ~ Walk-Ups $150.00 at the Gate
Please note – pre-registration is strongly encouraged. All walk-up registrations are $150.00 regardless of Member or Not.
- Approved helmet (SA 2010 or newer) and seatbelts are required.
- Drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
- Naturally aspirated or supercharged cars MUST have a working muffler.
- Vehicles must pass safety and technical inspection.
- All drivers, workers, and guests must sign a release and waiver of liability. Parent/guardian signatures required for those under 18.
- All cars passing tech inspection are welcome to enter except SUVs and other vehicles that present a rollover risk.
- Coilover suspension or similarly designed suspension setup is highly recommended. Stock suspension is allowed, but you will find that it is not suitable for drifting.
- A clutch type or welded differential is highly recommended. If the vehicle comes equipped with a stock open or limited slip differential / VLSD, they are allowed, but most are not suitable for long term drifting.
- Bucket or some sort of racing seat is highly recommended. Most stock seats will not hold you in place properly, causing you to slide around your seat and lose focus on driving.
- Drifting is fun, but these rules and requirements are in place so that we can ensure a safe environment for driving. All rules must be met in order to participate in the events. Anything found to be unsafe or questionable by tech inspectors will be reviewed and decided upon by staff. If deemed unsafe by the staff, the car will not be allowed to run. The decision will be final unless stated otherwise.