About this event
Course will be from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Course Fee: $75.00
Course Length: 4 Hours
6 participants required to hold class. If minimum number is not met, notification and full refund will be given by October 6, 2020.
AHA BLS uses the latest technology to enable students to assess and treat patients in many virtual settings.
Once the cognitive portion of the course has been completed, students practice and test their skills with an AHA Instructor
The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
Students will attend a structured Instructor-led course that focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols and skills testing.
After successfully completing the hands-on and written testing session of the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
1. Masks are required in classroom
2. Social distancing is required in classroom.
Read full COVID-19 Guidelines Here
Registration required. Those not pre-registered will not be able to attend.