About this event
On Sunday, April 25, 2021, the Shenandoah Region will conduct a driving tour through Greene, Western Albemarle and Madison Counties. You will experience great roads and spectacular views. The meet up time will be 10:00AM at the Food Lion parking lot, 136 Cedar Grove Rd., Ruckersville, VA 22968. A mandatory driver's meeting will be held at 10:15 AM. The end point for the drive will be at the Bald Top Brewery in Madison County. We will have a mid-point break at Maybelle's Market in Albemarle County. The drive duration, including the break time, is 2 hours. Wood fired made from scratch pizza will be available at the Brewery.
About Bald Top
"In addition to each other, owners Julie and Dave love Virginia history, the rolling hills of the piedmont and its diverse nature, and entertaining with great wine and beer. Since moving to Woodbourne Estate, Julie and Dave have hosted friends and family from all over the world, and with each visit, their guests would rave about the unique beauty of the historic farm and surrounding pasture. After considering several agritourism options for the farm, an idea started to arise. With an intense love of beer and homebrewing, Dave began to work on ideas: exploring everything from hops plant varieties to recipes with the farm’s rich “garden goodies.” As the months passed, the idea of opening Virginia’s First Historic Farm Brewery took shape. Dave and Julie relied on their science and engineering backgrounds to construct Central Virginia’s largest private hops yard, where they are continuing to test and monitor the viability of several hops varieties, in concert with Virginia State University. The hillside Tap Barn seemed the perfect place to drink the magical elixir of Bald Top: overlooking the rolling hills and hops yard with its 25 foot telephone poles towering skyward – and now lovingly referred to as “Hop Henge.”
Perhaps most importantly, they are a family business.” -Baldtopbrewing.com
COVID-19 Guidelines for this event can be found below:
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and Situational Awareness
- Please read this entire document before you register for the event. That will allow you to make an educated decision about attending the event
- If you are at higher risk for severe illness, or if you are sick, or if you have been in contact with anyone that is sick in the last two weeks, or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please stay home.
- Participants must supply their own face covering / mask. If you don’t have a mask you will not be permitted to participate and be asked to leave the event site.
- Things are not “normal”. The world has changed. Please remember that. Limit physical contact; refrain and discourage hugs, handshakes, and high-fives.
- All registration will be done electronically on www.Motorsportreg.com. Online pre-registration will be open until 5 PM on April 24.
- Registration and waiver signing must be completed on Motorsportreg prior to the event. We will be unable to accept walk ups due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Waivers for all participants will be signed using Speedwaiver. This link Speedwaiver will be used to sign the waivers. You must have a smart phone to complete this process. This must be completed before the drivers meeting on the day of the event. There will not be any paper waivers or wristbands.
- If a minor will be riding on the tour with a family member please print this Form (in color) and bring it filled out to the drivers meeting.
- Please understand that the steps above are the only way to register and participate in this event. If you show up and are unable or unwilling to register this way, you will not be able to participate.
- Face masks
- A properly worn face mask (covering nose and mouth) is required any time you are outside of your car.
- Virginia COVID-19 rules and regulations can be found here: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
Hope you can join us!