About this event
To register for the Car Show on Saturday 5-15 - email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required items to bring with you when signing in at registration
- Completed Tech Inspection form.
- Helmet to be checked.
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of the event.
Vehicle Technical Inspection
BMW CCA HPDE regulations no longer allow chapters to sponsor pre technical inspections for track events. The tech sheet is required to be signed by the inspector and the participant and handed in at registration. You can take your car to be inspected at your dealership or your favorite independent shop. As a courtesy, we have arranged for two of the independent shops who in the past have sponsored our pre-tech inspections to provide that service. You must call for an appointment (no drop-ins!), the charge is $30 and as with all prior track event pre-techs the participant accepts all liability. The shops are 7th Gear Auto Repair at 501 Morse Ave in Schaumburg (224-659-3461) and Rauch Autocare at 33B LeBaron Street in Waukegan, IL 60085, (847-235-2204).
Complete the inspection no earlier than 4 weeks prior and not later than 2 weeks prior to the event to allow time for corrections to be performed on your vehicle if required.
Click here: TECH INSPECTION SHEET
You will be held personally responsible for damages to the track that may occur. For example, if you spill oil on the track, damage a tire wall or concrete barrier, Autobahn Country Club will bill Windy City BMW CCA for these damages. We will, in turn, ask you to reimburse us for this cost. This applies to any charges incurred for the use of tow trucks or ambulance above what we have agreed to in our contract with Autobahn Country Club for the event.
Helmets must be Snell 2010 or later. SA- and M- ratings are both acceptable.
- Convertibles must have SCCA type rollover protection and hardtops.
- Please email HPDE@windycitybmw.com for prior approval.
Race Prepped Cars
- All cars must have 2 seats. If you arrive in a car without 2 seats you will not be able to participate and there will be no refund.
- All student cars must have equal restraints for instructor and driver.
- Working mufflers are required.
Recommended Items to bring with you to the track
- It is “Recommended” to have an additional set of front and rear brake pads.
- Read or review the "High-Performance Drivers Manual
Click here: High-Performance Drivers Manual
Registration packets for the HPDE Event
- Driver Registration Packet: Driver packet - Autobahn 2021.pdf
- Instructor Registration Packet: Instructor Packet - Autobahn 2021.pdf
- Workers Packet: Worker Packet - Autobahn 2021.pdf
- Saturday Track Schedule: TBA
- Sunday Track Schedule: TBA
Please remember, the Windy City BMW Chapter members who organize and run this event do so as volunteers!
Windy City BMW would like to thank the following sponsors for this event: